PDA

View Full Version : What island at CBR?

dk1992
03-29-2009, 02:05 PM
What are the different themes at CBR? Also, have any of them been upgraded?

RedSoxFan
03-29-2009, 02:14 PM
We were in Aruba; Bldg #11. It was a renovated Finding Nemo room. Very nice.:dory:

RAIDER
03-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Ive been 3 times they have been to and i think it all depends if you had a car ..We did have a car so we had no worries were we stayed

Barbados ..... Nearest the entrance /exit but some a longway from Port Royale

Jamaica .... Only a bridge separates you from Port Royale

Trinidad South .. The furthest away from Port Royale but the most scenic

Out of all of them i loved Barbados as it was the quietest

We were there last Dec and Jamaica was being renovated and we were told that it was only Trinidad North and South was waiting tobe done .... Have fun :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
03-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Love Aruba! It is close to Old Port Royal.

beksy
03-29-2009, 11:43 PM
We were in Aruba in a corner room on first floor and didn't have any problems with noise. We loved it! The main pool was closed at the time but the quiet pool was always empty (except for the ducks in the morning!). At night we saw bunnies as we walked back to our room. The mousekeeping was great and left us towel animals! We were across the island from the food court but it was so peaceful to walk along the water and then across the bridges and island (which has some nice seating places but take bug spray!) that we didn't mind. At night there were two guys singing outside the food court and were entertaining. We never had an issue with bus service or finding seats. Usually we were one of the first stops. All of the islands have different colors to distinguish them. My sister was thrilled because Aruba was her havorite color! We were there before the refubs so I can't comment on that.

CleveRocks
03-30-2009, 12:07 AM
We were in Aruba; Bldg #11. It was a renovated Finding Nemo room. Very nice.:dory:
Must be a typo ... Aruba's building numbers are 51-56.

To answer the OP's question, there is ZERO difference in "theme" among the islands. Exterior color scheme, yes, but no difference in theme.

ALL, repeat, ALL rooms at CBR have been refurbished. ALL of the rooms in Trinidad South are now Pirate theme rooms; this is a separate room category that costs more per night.

ALL of the non-Pirate rooms have been refurbished with a subtle Finding Nemo theme.

All of the buildings in Trinidad North and half of the buildings in Martinique are preferred location buildings; this is a separate room category that costs more per night, because "preferred location" means being in one of the 6 buildings that are closest to Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, shops, etc.

BraddyB
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
We stayed in Jamaica and I really enjoyed it. Nice peaceful walk over to old port royale. Every morning I would stop to watch the fish and turtles. One of the first stops to get on and off of the bus. Would def do it again.. Wished i was there now !!!!!

yourmagicalguide
04-02-2009, 11:51 AM
ALL of the buildings in Trinidad North and half of the buildings in Martinique are preferred location buildings; this is a separate room category that costs more per night, because "preferred location" means being in one of the 6 buildings that are closest to Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, shops, etc.

DH and I requested a room in a quiet location (i.e. far from food court and main pool) when we booked our trip. To our initial dismay, we were upgraded to a preferred room in Martinique, Building #24, and there were no other rooms available to switch to. Even though our room faced the Martinique pool on the first level of the bldg., it was surprisingly quiet, and we enjoyed the short walk to Old Port Royale at night after a long day in the parks :thumbsup:

I highly recommend the preferred rooms to anyone thinking they will be making daily trips to Old Port Royale during their stay :mickey:

Donalds Duckie
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM
I always stay Jamaica or Aruba.
Ahhh, how I wish I was at CBR right now.:cloud9:

PetefromRI
04-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Jamaica and Aruba are great locations but I'd love to stay in a preferred location in Martinique.

GoofyforFun
04-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Aruba or Jamacia

we had Aruba #51 last time closet to the bridge just perfect.. Got BFat CS and hit the bus in front on OPR,, No problems bus drop off at night was just over the parking lot, not bad with 2 kids (9-7) and a 3rd in the stroller:mickey:

.http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/default.asp