PDA

View Full Version : Dining selections

Kennywife
03-29-2009, 12:57 PM
On April 6th, (my b-day!) I get to call in to Disneyladn Dining and make our ressies for our June 4-9 trip. I am still trying to figure out where to eat, but came up with some good ideas from you guys and also, where I was interested in.

Here's my tentative list:

Goofy's Kitchen brunch and dinner (We, hubby and me, loooved it at Brunch and I hear the dinner is just as good!) :cloud9:

Naples for dinner (My fave Disney restaurant....at least at DL).

Steakhouse 55 for breakfast?

Storytellers? Not sure for breaky or lunch. I've heard some not so postiive reviews about it.

House of Blues! (Alwyas wanted to go there!)

We would love to do Napa Rose, but I'm not paying those prices. I saw on [edited per TOS], that there is a lounge menu. Is that one good?

Carnation Cafe! (A must for us!!!!)

I heard Cafe Orleans was good too for breaky, but haven't decided yet.

Of all those, which ones would be most recommended. I know we're gonna do Goofy's Kitchen, Naples, House of Blues, and Carnation Cafe. Also, we are staying at Paradise Pier. Is the PCH Grill good?

Anna

Oh, forgot to mention....we may go off-site to eat at Tony Roma's. We love that place and it's been gone from t-town for a while. We may check out Universal/Citywalk again. Don't know about that yet. We liked Citywalk.

tinkwest
03-29-2009, 01:53 PM
My DH would make the drive from San Diego to the Grand Californian just to have the lunchtime Cobb Salad at Storyteller's Café.

I really enjoy the breakfast at Steakhouse 55. A formal atmosphere without outlandish prices.

Obviously everyone's taste is different when it comes to food. While I know quite a few people who could care less about HOB I enjoy their menu. You love Naples - I've given it three tries and will probably never go back. I'm on the line about Café Orleans. I've enjoyed everything I've eaten there but wish there was more selection.

Kennywife
04-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Got our dining selections for our trip!!!!!

June 4--House of Blues 5 p.m.
June 5--Carnation Cafe 9 a.m.
Goofy's Kitchen 6 p.m.
June 6--Naples 7 p.m.
June 7--Goofy's Kitchen 9 a.m.
June 8--Steakhouse 55 8 p.m.

:rocker::trio::notworth:

Anna

BrerGnat
04-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Looks good!

There IS a lounge at Napa Rose. Try to go there for drinks and DESSERT one night. You won't be disappointed. Try the Tahitian Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee. I don't even really like creme brulee, but this stuff is FANTASTIC. :thumbsup: They also have some appetizers, but not enough to really make a meal out of. Mainly go for wine and dessert. You don't need a reservation. Lounge is open until, I believe, 10pm.

Aisling
04-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey Kennywife, can you let us know what you think of the house of blues? I've always wanted to go, but we seem to veer away from it.

Creme brulee?? I'm SO there! Love, love, love creme brulee.

Kennywife
04-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Will do Aisling! :thumbsup: I've wanted to go there for so long and finally decided to try it!

Anna