PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about up grading

Mrs Bus Driver
03-29-2009, 10:26 AM
This next trip DH and DD's BF will be going with us. I have been giving some thought to up grading to a moderate or maybe SOG. DH has lung and prostrate cancer and tires easily. DD's BF has RA. Right now we have reservations for All Star Sports. Last trip with DD we stayed at CBR with free dining so I could justify the cost. CBR was very nice and when DD slept in I walked around the resort. I've been thinking a resort where DH and I could enjoy the scenery would be nice. Last year at the end of our trip DD and I made reservations for this year with free dining. Anyway to make a long story short I have 2 questions.
1) If I up grade my reservation to a Mod would I lose the free dining?
2) Which Mod has the best scenery?

CanadianWDWFan
03-29-2009, 10:36 AM
We are looking to book right now with the free dining at a moderate. It is offered at every level of resort at WDW.

As for resort, my DW has RA and we prefer POFQ for its size. You can walk anywhere on resort property in just a few minutes. The resort is themed after New Orleans and If you like the look and feel of the Big Easy then POFQ might be just right for you. Request a room in Building #2,#5 and #4. 2 and 5 are closest to the food court and 4 is closest to the buses. The boat to DTD is a nice alternate way to get around as well. We also rented a boat and were able to tour around the waterways. We ended up at OKW and loved everyminute of our little tour.

Hope you guys enjoy your trip to DisneyWorld!

KatMark
03-29-2009, 11:16 AM
If the walking at CBR did not affect you, the CSR is similar in size and has beautiful scenery and queen beds to boot. It is DH and my favorite Disney resort and we've stayed 7 times, including our 25th anniversary last year. It also has a full service in room dining menu.

E-OR
03-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Last year we booked our Sept. trip at POFQ but changed to ASmovies to save a bit of money. We were able to change because we did the bounce back offer before we left in september and in Spring they offered the Disney Visa free dining and we were able to switch with a new reservation to a value. We were told that as long as you are not moving down in resort, but up, you can change with no extra charge. We enjoyed ASmovies but knew that if we got the bounce back offer again we would stay at a moderate the next time. We really like the size of POFQ, walking trail to POR, boat to DD, pool, and the more relaxed quiet atmosphere at POFQ. I am happy staying at a Value but we also needed a roll away and the values don't have them so one of my boys ends up on the floor. We would rather pay the extra and get the roll away at a moderate as well as the firdge.