PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of dining questions

thejens
03-29-2009, 01:15 AM
I just booked my ADRs for my first week of June trip. I missed the 90 day deadline for the first time this year and, though I was able to get most of what I wanted, had to make some compromises this year. I must say the cast member who helped me was incredibly nice, patient and friendly. My big disappointment was no dinner res at Le Cellier. I settled for a late lunch. I have an idea, let's stop talking about this restaurant or maybe even pretend it is bad, because the secret is OUT! I was also surprised to learn that Fantasmic is only two times a week now. I guess my regular life has encroached too much into my Disney obsession. So, no Fantasmic this year. The good news is that it freed me up for tickets to La Nouba. Okay, that is slighly (tons!) more expensive, but I am excited about that.

Now, onto food questions:

Is anything good for dinner at Mara at AKL?

I need some suggestions for counter service dinner.

What are your favorite Epcot Counter service for lunch or dinner?

What are best counter service in MK?

Does the bakery serve sandwiches or anything? I know I shouldn't have a cookie ice cream sandwich for lunch.

After La Nouba 6:00 show, what to do in DTD with two boys aged 5 and 11? Earl of Sandwich?

Has anyone every done Hollywood and Vine character Lucnch with JoJo and Little Einsteins?

Thanks for your thoughts.

TheDuckRocks
03-29-2009, 07:38 AM
The Main Street Bakery has a very limited but very, very tasty selection of sandwiches. We have found it was our favorite CS meal ever.
At DTD your counter service choices would be Earl of Sandwich, Cookes of Dublin or Wolfgang Puck Express. I think your boys would be able to find something they'd like at any of these.
Epcot - OMGosh, almost any place in Worldshowcase would be good.

comicguy
03-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Let me think of some good counter service:

MK: Cosmic Ray's chicken and rib combo is awesome.

DTD: Earl of Sandwich Yummy

AK: Flametree BBQ tasty
Pizzafari very ggod Italian sand.

EPCOT: Sunshine Season in The Land lots of tasty food(great selection)

j&j
03-29-2009, 08:19 AM
For us the counter service are the same at each park. reather have a sit down meal. don't know if your kids would like the rose and crown counter service they have fish and chips and a great view of ecpot ehilr you eat.
france has a taken out counter service for a sandwichs and a treat. hollywood and vine the kids will love the characters adn a buffet their choice.:mickey::mickey:

beksy
03-29-2009, 10:42 AM
A cookie ice cream sandwich doesn't count as a sandwich for lunch??? I guess that means the Dole Whip Float that I get for dessert afterwards wouldn't qualify either??? Ok, seriously:

For Epcot, we love Sunshine Seasons. There's something for everyone and desserts are great! Its also a good place to wait for that Soarin fastpass time! I haven't eaten at any of the CS in WS (for some reason I end up ordering desert at several instead!).

In MK, Pecos Bill was good with a great fixins' bar and Cosmic Rays is good too. I think the selection is better at Cosmic Rays and your kids should really enjoy watching Sonny Eclipse in the lounge area. We found it made a nice, entertaining break. When we were there some kids were even up in front dancing while the parents took their time eating.

We ate at the Earl of Sandwich in DTD and had a great sandwich (we split one). The line looks really long but moves fast. That's the only place I've eaten there.

Enjoy La Nouba. We're on the fence about going this time. :mickey:

7swans
03-29-2009, 02:20 PM
We like Columbia Harbour House @ MK

Sunshine Seasons @ EP :thumbsup:,
I really like Tangerine Cafe' But DH is lukewarm about it, We both love the bratwurst in Germany.
Norway's counter service sandwiches get good reviews, but I have not tried them myself yet

I vote for Wolfgang Pucks Express After LaNouba, the one over by Rainforest Cafe. Earl of Sandwich is great, but the lines can be long, Pucks was better & more substantial food.

I think ice cream makes a great lunch, after all you are on vacation!

ElenitaB
03-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Nobody has answered your question about the Mara so I'll step up to the plate (no pun intended :blush: ). We found it to have very good offerings, including rotisserie chicken, good sandwiches and salads, decent pizza and the famed zebra domes for dessert.

Have found at La Nouba. Seven years later and my DS still remembers it and has been begging me to go to a Cirque show up here now.

thejens
03-29-2009, 11:48 PM
you guys really shouldn't encourage my dessert habbit. I also have been known to graze on desserts throughout the world showcase. And come on, Dole Whip is fruit, so that totally doesn't count as a dessert. Of course, I am happy to hear about the Zebra Domes at Mara! Thanks for all your comments. I was thinking the bakery might be a good place for lunch. I just love when the Main Street characters are there.

DANAM
03-30-2009, 10:10 AM
What are you talking about Le Cellier is the worse Disney TS ever!!! How's that? Do you think anyone will believe it?

We LOVE the lunch at Hollywood and Vine!!! That is one of the places we eat every trip. The foods great and the kids love the characters.
These are our fav CS:
MK
Pecos Bill's (fixin' bar)
El Pirata y el Perico (simular to Peco's but they have these loaded fries there that are awesome)
Epcot
We like Sunshhine Seasons they have breat facciachia (sorry don't know how to spell that) bread sandwiches. Simular to the one's you get from whole foods.
DHS
Rosie's All American Cafe is the only one we've ever ate at and it was good.
AK
Love Flame Tree BBQ and the Yak and Yeti CS is nice too.
Our Favorite CS at the world is Wolf Gang Puck Express in DTD. If you have the dining plan kids eat adult entree's (no kids meals there). We normally use one of the kids CS for a nice pizza there then get an entree salad and one entree for all of us to share. We are 2 adults and 2 kids, DD7 and DS 4. This is more than enough food for us. We normally take some home. We have ordered 2 entree pasta's for the 4 of us at lunch and it was perfect. There is a nice place to sit and eat inside.

I am not a fan of Earl of Sandwich. I ordered a club and I was very disappointed when I got this very small sanwich on the bread they use for all the other sandwiches. Now it does say on the menu that this is what you will be getting but I didn't read it because I thought that a club is a club any way you look at it. But here it's not. I think my husband had a french dip or roast sandwich that he wasn't thrilled with either.

Hope you have a great trip!!!

thejens
03-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks Danam, very convincing! Great suggestions too! I'll have to try Wolfgang's this time.. I also like pirato y perico (or whatever it is really called.)