PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat at the Boardwalk Area

PrettyMinnie
03-28-2009, 06:44 PM
We are thinking about exploring the Boardwalk during our trip in May, but I don't know any good places to eat there, either CS or TS. Anyone have an suggestions? Thanks!

tinksmom02
03-28-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't have an answer for you, but I have the same exact question, so I'm hopig someone comes along to provide info! We wanted to try Spoodles in Sept, but I suspect it will be closed and the new Iron Chef-restaurant won't quite be ready.

DisneyGlutton
03-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Not Spoodles...its subpar imho, which is probably why they're scrapping it. Flying Fish is my favorite WDW restaurant, so I vote for that. It has excellent seafood (I always get the scallops), and decent atmosphere. Its a 2 TS credit location though...

ElenitaB
03-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Not exactly at the Boardwalk, but I'd say Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. One of our favorites! Great burgers, great sundaes, great atmosphere.

Maleficent's Dad
03-29-2009, 08:21 AM
The "Boardwalk Area" gives you lots of options! :thumbsup: You're close to the YC, BC, Swan, Dolphin, DHS, and EPCOT. So dining options abound!

At the Boardwalk Resort (proper), you have ESPN (sports bar/restaurant), Spoodles (which is being changed to Cat Cora's new digs), Boardwalk Bakery (for snacks ;)), Flying Fish (seafood, and the best dining in the area), and Big River Grill (brewery & restaurant). There are a few carts along the way serving some snacks, too.

The other resorts and parks round out the plethora of options available to you! :mickey:

j&j
03-29-2009, 08:32 AM
this is our favorite spot. big river grille you can eat outside at their tables nice view. dophin has counter and table services. beach club has a nice buffet cafe may and a character breasfast that is great. Pizza window, bakery,espn. YC has a breasfast buffet or sit down. Both dophin and the swan have restarants both counter and sit down. many choices. at the bc their is a take out and the bw small grocery section. bc get a sandwich or a salad.:mickey::mickey:

RedSoxFan
03-29-2009, 08:37 AM
We've eaten at Big River Grille and ESPN a couple of times. Both are good.:mickey:

MinnieMommie
03-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Like the OPs have suggested, the Boardwalk area suffers from no shortage of places to get good food. On our recent trip we had breakfast at the Yacht Club's Captain's Grill one morning. We were a party of 4, all ordered something different and all liked our meals (they also offer a good and reasonably priced breakfast buffet). I highly recommend the breakfast there.

We also ate at Beaches and Cream a couple of times. We are regulars at Beaches and Cream and highly recommend this as well. The portions are large so DH and I always share our meals (which usually consists of a chocolate shake, roast beef sub (or burger),fries and sometimes onion rings. :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
03-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks you everyone for your suggestions!

Do these places take reservations??

ElenitaB
03-29-2009, 01:48 PM
I know for sure that Flying Fish, Cape May Cafe, Spoodles (while it's still there), Captain's Grille and Yachtsman Steakhouse all take ADRs, as do several of the restaurants over at the Swan/Dolphin.

We've never eaten at ESPN (though we've spent a small fortune at their arcade) but after getting ill at Big River, I wouldn't eat there again. But that''s just me and it could have been an off night (or meal).

One last thought: you can get sandwiches and salads at the Boardwalk Bakery and enjoy the scenery and activities, while seated at the tables outside. And if the baked goods there don't capture your imagination, there's always the ice cream and penny candy at Seashore Sweets (though nowhere as good as the ice cream sundaes at Beaches and Cream).

RAIDER
03-29-2009, 02:40 PM
We've eaten at Big River Grille and ESPN a couple of times. Both are good.:mickey:

I second that . If you want to relax and look out over the lake then go for the Big River and a ice cold beer ....:cloud9:

playdead88
03-29-2009, 05:41 PM
big river grille at the boardwalk and beaches and cream at beach club are our two faves - spoodles pizza window is great too you can grab a pizza and sit out on the boardwalk - honestly you can't go wrong with anywhere around there - the boardwalk bakery in the a.m is absolutely unbelievable - YUMMY - i could gain a pound just thinking about that place - not to mention you are a 5 minute walk from world showcase so if for some reason you cant find anything at or around the boardwalk you can always head over to epcot :mickey: