PDA

View Full Version : Free dining question

PrincessASquared
03-28-2009, 04:28 PM
We are Disney Visa card carriers, DVC Members, and Annual Passholders. We are willing to pay OOP for a four day weekend during the free dining period. Is the free dining available to annual passholders or do we still have to buy the MYW package?

Thanks

DebK
03-28-2009, 04:49 PM
You must have at least a one day base pass in the free dining package.....

PrettyMinnie
03-28-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry if this takes away from your topic, but I have similar question and it seems silly to create a new thread, when it can be answered in this one.

What exactly is free dining? I understand that you have to have a MYW package, but do I have to be a DVC member as well?

PrincessASquared
03-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry if this takes away from your topic, but I have similar question and it seems silly to create a new thread, when it can be answered in this one.

What exactly is free dining? I understand that you have to have a MYW package, but do I have to be a DVC member as well?

Free Dining Offer Released For Visa Cardholders

Walt Disney World Resort announced today the return of "free dining" for Disney Visa Cardholder guests. Purchase a minimum three night stay at a select Walt Disney World Resort Hotel in conjunction with a Magic Your Way ticket and receive the Disney Dining Plan absolutely FREE! You may also upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan at a discounted rate, or add the Wine & Dine Add-On at regular rates.
BOOKING DATES: March 26, 2009 – June 21, 2009
TRAVEL DATES : August 16, 2009 – October 3, 2009
For full details including limitations, contact INTERCOT's Official Travel Agency, Magical Journeys at 1-570-785-3283, or visit their web site and fill out a quote form.

No, you do not have to be a DVC member. I guess the point I was trying to make was that I spend a fair amount of time and money at Disney. It would be nice if I could benefit from a deal like this as well.
After all, I would love the opportunity to spend more money at Disney if the dining plan was included.

illini
03-28-2009, 05:38 PM

Nope, you don't have to be a DVC member. It's a promotional offer that allows you to receive a free dining package for staying at a WDW resort with a MYW package. There's a thread with details over on the accommodations board.

PrettyMinnie
03-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks you, and agreed about spending money at Disney! They should include DVC.

Strmchsr
03-28-2009, 05:51 PM
To answer the OP's question, as Deb said, you have to have a minimum 1 day pass, at least in the past, but I'm not sure if rules are different this year or not. There's a way for AP's to get the free dining promotion, but you might check with Magical Journeys on the details as to how to do it.

Pirate Granny
03-28-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm an AP and use MJ all the time...the only way to get the 'free dining' is to purchase a one day pass...you don't have to use it...you can save for later (since it's a one day it never expires) or when you renew your AP you can apply that $$ toward the cost. They will put the 'day' pass on your room key...so pay attention and don't lose your key once you return home...I actually have two one day park passes that I need to turn in when I need to renew.
:pirate:

PrincessASquared
03-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm an AP and use MJ all the time...the only way to get the 'free dining' is to purchase a one day pass...you don't have to use it...you can save for later (since it's a one day it never expires) or when you renew your AP you can apply that $$ toward the cost. They will put the 'day' pass on your room key...so pay attention and don't lose your key once you return home...I actually have two one day park passes that I need to turn in when I need to renew.
:pirate:

That is great news!! Thank You so much. I am looking to surprize my wife with a birthday weekend vacation. (Our birthdays are one day apart). Hopefully I can pull this off.

wdwnomad
03-28-2009, 10:30 PM
If you are going to renew your AP you can use the value of the 1 day base ticket you get with the free dining package towards the purchase price of it. It all would work out in the end that way.