PDA

View Full Version : Torn- POP or POFQ/POR

Leighler
03-28-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm booking my trip this week and am torn as to wear to stay. I've heard lots of good things about POP as a value...however have found out that with the Free Ddp it would be like $30 cheaper to stay in a moderate with double beds. I've stayed at POFQ and really liked it so if I do go with the moderate do I switch it up to POR. I think POR might be bigger?- which I liked the size of POFQ. Also- we are sort of nightlife people so I was thinking it would be nice to have one of the lounges at our hotel if we don't feel like having to go out one night and do the whole bus thing back. I think I've heard there's live music at POFQ and POR...and my last concern is the buses- something about POP having it's own bus? I know you can walk from POFQ to POR but is this feasible at night- is it lit up for guests? Help! I cannot make this decision for some reason. I mean would I be silly to NOT upgrade to a moderate for $30 less?? Opinions?

Leighler
03-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Ok- I actually just found out it's not less to stay at the moderate which I was wondering but I think that makes my decision and makes more sense!! :) If you want to reply about the resorts anyway that's still fine! Hopefully lots of good about POP.

tink179
03-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Well, you will love Pop! That's where we have stayed for most of our trips. It's got great poos, wonderful theming, and everyone is really nice there.Our last trip there in January was a little sad, knowing we wouldn't be able to stay there again, because my DD will be 3 the next time we would be back, and we would have to stay in a moderate. We are staying at POR, because of our family size this time. I've heard many great reviews of this resort as well, so I'm excited. Have a great vacation!

KronkHere
03-28-2009, 10:41 AM
We love them both. POFQ is smaller, but still very nice. POR much larger, but absolutely beautiful. The only reason we are not going back to POR for our June '09 trip is because we wanted DS8 and DS7 to experience the new pirate themed room and new pirate themed pools at CBR. Either way, it will be a great trip.

Have fun! T-77 days and counting!!!

Pirate Granny
03-28-2009, 12:15 PM
When we go value...we like the Pop the best...when we wanted a step up for the entire family and great atmosphere we went FQ...they are my two favorites...but in truth...how much time do you spend in your hotel...so Pop wins out more often than not.
:pirate:

GrmGrninGost
03-28-2009, 12:30 PM
We have always enjoyed our stays at POP, but whenever we can afford it, we upgrade. There are differences that make the upgrade worthwhile. However, I am sure you would enjoy your stay at POP, and that's what it's all about! :mickey:

kakn7294
03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
We just came back a couple of weeks ago - stayed at Pop. My mother was also there and stayed at POFQ and we've stayed there twice in recent years. In comparison, her room at POFQ was bigger although it still only had the 2 doubles. The primary differences in the rooms are: Pop has a single sink, POFQ has doubles. Pop does not have a curtain separating the sink area from the rest of the room, POFQ does. Pop does not have fridges (but available by rent) or coffeemakers in the rooms, POFQ does. Pop is a much larger resort and is themed with the huge icons, POFQ is much smaller and has a more muted theme. Pop does not have a water slide at any of the pools, POFQ does. Pop is accessible by bus only, POFQ has the boat to DTD. Pop's food court is the best on property IMO - has a huge variety. Pop and POFQ only have 1 bus stop each but Pop's is open-air with lines for each park separated by chain-lined queues while POFQ's bus stop is a shelter - Pop does not share buses with any other resort, sometimes POFQ does share with POR. Pop seemed busier and noisier than POFQ but our room location was very quiet. If these little differences don't make much of a difference to you, Pop is a great resort for the money. POFQ is still my fave so far but I'd definately stay at Pop again.

Iteachpc
03-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I have stayed at both POR and Pop. I chose POR the first time because we had a party of 5 and their rooms sleep 5 with a trundle bed. I believe the beds are queen size in POR, though. Nice when you're sharing with another adult or a wiggly kid.

I chose POP that last trip purely to save money. It was our first time staying there and we loved it. I was traveling with my DS9 and DD and neice who were 14. We loved the theming and the huge decorations all over the place. We will be staying there again in July to save a few pennies.

POR is a beautiful resort. We did have quite a walk from our room to the main pool, food court/gift shop and bus stop though. It may have been the same distance at POP, but for some reason it seemed shorter.

We didn't eat at the food court much at POP last stay, but they did seem to have a good variety and don't forget those frozen cokes if you buy the refillable mugs. The food at POR was very good. They also have a sitdown restaurant that was nice.

POR rooms are larger. POP's are smaller. But if you are only sleeping there it may not matter much. It didn't to us.

I dont remember the transportation being an issue at either resort.

We loved the boat service to DTD at POR. That was a nice perk that we used each trip we were there.

So I guess there are merits to both POP and POR. If you want to save money go with POP, but you won't be disappointed with either resort in my opinion.