PDA

View Full Version : Travel time, BC - Narcooses

spoiledraf
03-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Dinner ADR at Narcooses for 6pm after which we will go catch Spectromagic and Wishes. With little ones in tow and their unexperienced WDW parents, I want to make sure we allow enough time to get there pretty close to 6. The wife and I realize you don't snap your fingers and jump from one resort to another but my kids, especially my son, just don't quite understand. Keeps telling me quit worrying. But thats another post. :mad: Anyway, bus to MK, then what. Boat? Monorail? I am thinking monorail as it will be the first time the kids, 1+,2+ and 5, get to ride it. Plus we can walk through the GF and let everyone see that.

My guess is 25 minutes for the bus including wait tame another 10 for the monorail and 10 for the walk from the monorail to Narcooses. 45 minutes should do fine. Opinions?

Seasonscraps
03-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I would leave more like an hour to get there. There is no way to guess the bus wait time and you might get stuck doing pick ups at all the EPCOT resorts. And I don't think 10 minutes is enough time for the monorail segment - it's a bit of a walk from the bus depot to the monorail station.

Another option if you are using a park ticket that day would be to get the monorail at EPCOT and transfer at the TTC. It's a bit of a walk from the international gateway to the front gate.

DreamFinder2
03-28-2009, 11:07 AM
I agree with ChristineC...I'd use the Int'l Gateway, walk to the front of Epcot, take the monorail to the TTC, switch monorails and ride to the GF.

I'd plan on an hour...45 minutes would be cutting it close. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
03-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I also vote to take the monorail from EPCOT...and then take the boat from GF to MK to catch your bus home. We were lucky enough to be on the boat during both the electrical parade (which we had a front row seat at the boat has to stop to let the parade through) and we were just pulling up to the dock when the fireworks started...we watched from just outside the park gates and we one of the first people on the bus back to the resort. We had our two grandchildren (both under two)...we didn't eat at the GF just took a tour of the monorail hotels and thought that the boat ride would intrest the kids...
:pirate:

spoiledraf
03-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Not sure I want to make that walk all the way through Epcot. We've made it before and it was a pretty good treck. And the wifes knee ain't so good so I don't want to add anymore stress to her than we have to. We will be celebrating our 35th wedding Anni. and will likely be dressed a little nicer than ususal and I don't want to be wiping the sweat off as we go! But I will probably try to leave a little earlier on the advice of my peers. And if the group wants to walk, maybe we will. In the past, the wife and I being empty nesters would take a taxi to save time. Thanks for the input.

DebK
03-28-2009, 04:51 PM
I was going to suggest just take a taxi.....If you need more room, some of them are mini-vans......

TammiMcMan
03-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Personally, I would take the MK bus from BC and then go to the left towards the GF resort boat dock instead of walking to the monorail. The boat is a wonderful way to get to the GF and will drop you steps from Narcoossees. 45 minutes should be fine. Aside from the taxi option, this is the least amount of walking.

j&j
03-29-2009, 08:41 AM
we always give ourselves more time. been stuck on a monail for over 20 mintues a couple of times. just in case give yourselve the time get there early then you can walk around the GF.:mickey::mickey:

spoiledraf
03-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Personally, I would take the MK bus from BC and then go to the left towards the GF resort boat dock instead of walking to the monorail. The boat is a wonderful way to get to the GF and will drop you steps from Narcoossees. 45 minutes should be fine. Aside from the taxi option, this is the least amount of walking.

Is the boat the first stop from MK? I also have to consider the wait time for the boats to arrive, load and travel. I've used it before but not when we were on a schedule.

TammiMcMan
03-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Is the boat the first stop from MK?Yes, it drops at the GF first. If you're concerned about the wait time, you can always decide when you get off the bus. The resort launch is on the way to the monorail. If you see a boat there, or heading in, then go to the launch, otherwise you can continue walking up the ramp for the resort monorail.

SBETigg
03-29-2009, 06:42 PM

This is exactly what I was going to recommend. But I would still give it an hour just in case. Plus, a 6 pm ADR actually means checking in at 5:45. If you have extra time you can always check in early or check out some of the GF.