PDA

View Full Version : Poly Garden or AKL Club

Janet89
03-28-2009, 08:42 AM
:blush: Yes, ANOTHER poll. I have it narrowed down to two choices for our one night deluxe stay. These are very close to the same price. And, I feel, both good choices.

We will be spending the day at Discovery Cove prior to our night at one of these. Since it is all-inclusive, I think we will be full and won't be trying Ohana or Jiko. I would like to, but don't want to on an already full tummy.

First is Poly Garden View. This choice was way ahead of the others on my other poll. We can watch Wishes from the beach. But, not sure about being so close and not going to MK (could change our minds, though).:confused:

Next is AKL Club Level. Guaranteed savanna view, also. Snacks and drinks included.

I plan on requesting late check out so we can enjoy the resort we choose. When we stayed at WL, there really wasn't time for this and it would have been nice.

GrmGrninGost
03-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I would go with the Poly garden just on location. AKL is just so far away from everything.

j&j
03-28-2009, 01:21 PM
think the ak would be something nice and different.

illini
03-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I voted AKL Club. It's the perfect opportunity to stay there. I wouldn't want to be there for a regular WDW trip, but it looks like such a great place to stay so this is a great chance to try it out.

TammiMcMan
03-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I picked AKL club level, mainly because of the lounge and the fact that it's only a one night stay without parks.

Unfortunately, no resort can guarantee that you'll get your room early, or that they can extend you late check out. By staying on the club level though, you have access to the lounge from the second you check in, until the minute you have to leave the resort on check out day. It's not your own room, but it's a nice space to relax in and grab a bite to eat or watch tv.

As an FYI, the chances of you getting a savannah view room on the club level is very high, but not guaranteed. Probably not a big deal, but I did want to point that out.

beksy
03-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Ordinarily I'd say Poly but in this case I'd go with AKL. Like a pp said, I wouldn't want to stay there for an entire trip since it is more out-of-the-way but this would be a good chance to see the animals, explore the lodge, and try something different. Plus, it would be torture for me to be that close to the MK without going in.

SFTrny
03-28-2009, 05:12 PM
If you are only there for one night and want to enjoy the resort, I vote for AKL. It's far from everything, but there is a lot to see and do at AKL. It's a beautiful resort.

tinksmom02
03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I voted AKL Club. It's the perfect opportunity to stay there. I wouldn't want to be there for a regular WDW trip, but it looks like such a great place to stay so this is a great chance to try it out.

:ditto:

Janet89
03-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! I have to say I am leaning more toward the AKL just due to the club level and not planning on the parks.

Tammi, thanks for the info on the savanna view. Not a big deal. I swear I read (somewhere?) that you get the savanna view when going club. Is the club lounge in the middle of the lodge or to one side?

KatMark
03-28-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm in the minority here. I would pick the Poly. I don't understand the big deal with Club Level...but that is just me.

TammiMcMan
03-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Tammi, thanks for the info on the savanna view. Not a big deal. I swear I read (somewhere?) that you get the savanna view when going club.You most likely will, it's just not a guarantee (for many different reasons).

Is the club lounge in the middle of the lodge or to one side?Standard club level rooms are located on the 4th floor and the club lounge is up on the 6th. Your room key will gain you access via the elevator. The lounge is right in the middle.

MizMissy
03-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I will vote again for AKL. Other than the club, there are many activities offered around the resort - we enjoyed a nice glass of wine in the lounge (overlooking the savannah) while our daughter played a game with some cast members (I think it involved African drums?) and our son sat outside the lounge watching old Donald Duck cartoons. One evening there was storytelling in the lounge. All day there are kids activities around the pool - a safari hunt, arts and crafts.
You might also look into a sunrise safari.

liz
04-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone! I have to say I am leaning more toward the AKL just due to the club level and not planning on the parks.

Tammi, thanks for the info on the savanna view. Not a big deal. I swear I read (somewhere?) that you get the savanna view when going club. Is the club lounge in the middle of the lodge or to one side?

Don't worry - Club level at AKL IS now a guaranteed savannah view. It used not to be. The rooms on the 6th floor had pool views and were smoking rooms. But 5th and 6th floor rooms have all been converted to AKV units and standard club level rooms are 4th floor, Arusha Savannah view.

TammiMcMan
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Don't worry - Club level at AKL IS now a guaranteed savannah view. It used not to be. The rooms on the 6th floor had pool views and were smoking rooms. But 5th and 6th floor rooms have all been converted to AKV units and standard club level rooms are 4th floor, Arusha Savannah view.Hi Liz, while there's a 99.9% chance of getting a savannah view, it's always best to know that there is never a guarantee (again, for many different reasons).

NLODisney
04-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I was told by a CM when we stayed in Nov and requested a Savanah view that concierge rooms are all savavah views. We had a great room and great stay. I would definately choose AKL for a Disney stay with no park visits planned. There is a lot of fun things to do there!!

TammiMcMan
04-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I was told by a CM when we stayed in Nov and requested a Savanah view that concierge rooms are all savavah views.99.9% of the time, you'd have no problem ;) .