PDA

View Full Version : Beveravge (wine) take home?

Through the looking Glass
03-28-2009, 08:33 AM
At times we order a bottle of wine with our meals. Usally we don't finish it. Has any heard or found a way to take the beverage back to your room. We are staying on property. Last trip we only drank about four glasses out of a bottle and there was a little more than half left. It really stunk to leave it behind.

Seasonscraps
03-28-2009, 10:31 AM
I would ask before ordering next time. Maybe they could pour it off into a to go cup - the lounges will do that maybe the restaurants too? It may be more economical to buy wine by the glass instead of having so much go to waste.

Maleficent's Dad
03-28-2009, 10:40 AM
I do not know what the policy on this would be.

I can tell you a little about alcohol leaving the parks, however. We one time were having drinks at the R&C Pub in EPCOT before an Illumination's Cruise. We settled our bill and headed to the International Gateway to get our boat at the YC. Long story short is that nobody was allowed to bring their unfinished drink out of the park - even though we explained that we were staying at the BW and going to the YC. That didn't matter.

I know I'm talking about an "open container" and you're talking about recorking wine, so I may be comparing apples to oranges.

I'd be interested to know how they'd respond to your request.

maxrebo77
03-29-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure about the rules (or laws) at WDW, but some dining establishments in my area carry a wine bag just for this reason. It is sealed, and once opened, cannot be resealed. It protects them from letting you leave with "open liquor" should you decide to drive somewhere.
No problem taking your leftover wine to your room on the cruise however:party::D

maxrebo77
03-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Just to be clear, i meant the Big Red Boat Cruise, not any Disney fireworks cruise.

Next trip
Sept 09
All Star Movies

PixieMagic
03-29-2009, 06:53 PM
It definitely has to be based on both WDW rules and Florida state law - because in MN we can recork the bottle and bring it home if at least one glass has been drunk out of it.....:secret:

SBETigg
03-29-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how you had four glasses out of a bottle and still had half a bottle left. They must have been small glasses or short pours. It seems like we only get between four-six glasses out of a bottle. Not that it's pertinent to your question. I don't know the answer. We've only been allowed to recork and take home in MA for about a year now, and I'm still used to just leaving what's left behind. It never occurred to me to ask at WDW.

PixieMagic
03-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Tigg that is too funny! I never get that much out of a bottle either! In fact *OFF TOPIC* I watched my customers the other night pay $35 for a bottle that they got four normal glasses out of...and it would have only cost them $28 if they had bought four individual glasses! LMAO!

Through the looking Glass
03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
They were short pours. Started out with wine and went to Margaritas.

irish1967
03-30-2009, 07:17 PM
I would ask...

In January 2008, we were at DHS for dinner the night before the half marathon. My friend and I each wanted a glass of wine (and knew it would be only one because of the race the next day.) The waited asked if we were staying a few more days and when we said "yes" he said that the bottle would be only $5.00 more and he could have the bar cork it for us to take back to the room. They corked the wine and gave it to us in a bag. We took it back to the room (on Disney transportation) and enjoyed a couple of glasses the day after the race.