PDA

View Full Version : Buying tickets at Downtown Disney?

Sweetpea29488
03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
We always buy a package but my brother and his future wife want to go down for a couple of days in April. They will be staying off property. Two questions:

1-Would they get a deal if they purchase them before they left or would it be the same amount if they buy them at the parks?

2- They will be going to Downtown Disney the first day there (not a park). Can they go to Customer services at Downtown Disney and buy the tickets there? They want 2 adult 2 day park tickets w/0 park hopper.

Thanks for the help.

Fangorn
03-27-2009, 11:18 AM
There isn't a discount for buying early if you buy from Disney. If you purchase from the Official Ticket Center (one of Intercot's sponsors) you can save a couple of bucks on each ticket.

As for Downtown Disney, yes you can purchase tickets at the Guest Relations windows (there are two of them) in Downtown Disney.

Steve

Daisy'sMom
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
We brought our annual passes there a few years ago. That way we did not have to pay for parking in the park.

Imagineer1981
03-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes, guest relations at Downtown Disney can do any park ticket mods or purchases that the ticket windows can. There is no discount, but if they are AAA members, they have discounts

CleveRocks
03-27-2009, 11:30 PM
As far as I know, there is no legitimate way to buy a discounted 2-day ticket from anywhere or anyone. The authorized ticket wholesalers, such as The Official Ticket Center, can't offer a discount on anything smaller than a 3-day ticket.

I just went on their site. I apologize if I'm mis-reading something, but it seems it would be much less expensive to by a 2-day ticket at Disney than it would to buy it through OTC. Disney's price for a 2-day base ticket is $149 + 6.5% sales tax, for a total of $158.69. A 2-day base ticket through OTC costs $163.69 (tax included) PLUS a mandatory $8 delivery fee, whether they ship them to your home or hand-deliver them to you after you're in the Orlando area, for a total of $171.69.

So, unless I'm missing something, it's exactly $13 cheaper to buy a 2-day base ticket directly from Disney at one of their ticket windows, such as Guest Services at DTD.