PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from GF to Poly

junedis
03-26-2009, 09:06 PM
How convenient is it to get from the GF to the Polynesian? I would like to schedule an anniversary dinner at the GF and have my kids visit Neverland at the Poly. I need to know how much time it will take so that I can schedule dinner at the appropriate time. Thanks for any input!

PixieMagic
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Ha ha! Sorry I love your question!!! It will take 2-5 min tops by monorail...or you can walk and it will take 10-15 depending on how slow you walk! :thumbsup::cloud9:

PixieMagic
03-26-2009, 09:30 PM
BTW - the above quote includes wait time....

tinksmom02
03-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Not far at all. We dropped the kids off at the GF for the pirate cruise last Sept, and us grown ups took the resort launch to the Poly for breakfast (maybe 7 minute ride?) You could also take the monorail, but we were closer to the boat launch. :blush:

We walked back to the GF, it took about 10 minutes tops.

Polynesian Dweller
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
The walk is actually one of the most relaxing in WDW IMO and quite short. There is a nice paved path that goes past the wedding pavillion and the GF Spa on the edge of the lagoon.

If you need to take transport then boat to the Poly and monorail to GF. Reason, from GF the boat's first stop is the Poly but by monorail you have 3 stops, and they sometimes have lengthy stops. Similarly, from the Poly, the monorail's first stop is GF while the boat goes to MK first.

medic9016
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I would say a little long than stated above. From GF you will have to stop at MK, Contemporary, TTC then Poly. It will depend on how long they stop at each place.

SBETigg
03-27-2009, 08:40 AM
The boat launch is the best way to get to the Poly from the Grand Floridian. It comes from the MK, to the GF, to the Poly, then back to the MK.

The monorail is the best way to return to the GF. It goes from the Poly right to the GF, then MK, CR, TTC, and back to Poly.

There's also walking, but that's just not always convenient if you're dropping kids off or all dressed up for dinner.

javamama
03-27-2009, 09:59 PM
The Neverland Club is right outside the Poly bus stop. So figure You can take the monorail loop from the GF to the TTC and the short walk from the TTC to Neveralnd Club--7 minutes or so, the take to the monorail back to the GF from the Poly--probably easier than back tracking you just need to walk to the GCH and go upstairs to the monorail stop. It really depends on where your staying at to see which way is your best way to drop off your kiddos at Neverland.