PDA

View Full Version : AirTran

Suz36
03-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Does AirTran still participate both ways with ME? It's listed here on Intercot, but I noticed on the Disney website that it is not, and it's got me concerned!

tink179
03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
It was when we used them in July, and we're planning on using them again in September.:mickey:

peemagg
03-26-2009, 08:48 PM
I haven't seen anything about them not doing it. If they aren't we could be in trouble.

Figaro
03-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I worked for AirTran for a while and I haven't heard of them not doing ME....

tinksmom02
03-26-2009, 09:29 PM
I think that you can use ME no matter what airline you use. It's the Resort Check-In that only certain airlines participate in. AirTran does not participate, so this means you'd have to bring your luggage on the ME bus with you when you leave Disney. People utilizing Resort Check-In can check in their luggage in the lobby of their resort. They're 2 seperate services.

Did I get that right?

Madame Leona
03-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I just looked at the Disney website and Air Tran is on there. You have to call Airline Guest Services (407-824-1231) to pay for checked luggage fees before you use airline check in at your resort. I hope that answers your question.

Dopey's Girl
03-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I have flown Airtran my last half dozen or so trips, and have used ME at least a few times, including resort check in, which is so great! They really do make everything so easy! I can't imagine that they would stop!

tinksmom02
03-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I just looked at the Disney website and Air Tran is on there. You have to call Airline Guest Services (407-824-1231) to pay for checked luggage fees before you use airline check in at your resort. I hope that answers your question.

Sorry about that, I don't know why I thought they didn't participate!

sillyolbear
03-27-2009, 01:01 PM
I get it confused all the time, too. Air Tran does, Southwest doesn't.

javamama
03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Yep they do, I just got my baggage/ME tags today w/they're name on it:thumbsup: We've done check-in w/them also at the resorts.

Insanity Clause
03-28-2009, 06:59 PM
We just got all of out passes from ME the other day and we are using Airtran so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. If you are concerned then you can always give them a call.

CleveRocks
03-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Everyone on every airline can use DME (INCLUDING the luggage delivery) on arrival day. Everyone. Every airline.

The only difference between a "participating airline" and a non-participating airline involves the LAST DAY of your vacation. It involves a service separate from DME called Resort Airline Check-in.

But on your arrival day ... EVERY PERSON, on EVERY AIRLINE, can use DME to the fullest. No exceptions.

AirTran never left the "participating airline" list once it joined it. This means that on the departure (last) day, AirTran passengers can use Resort Airline Check-in.

RAC is like curbside check-in, only it's in your resort lobby rather than at the airport. Just like with curbside check-in, you: check your bags through to your final destination; get your actual boarding passes; tip the person who did this for you; and when you get to the airport, you go directly to security since you already checked-in for your flight (back at the hotel).

If you can't use RAC, you simply take your bags to the DME bus with you, and when you get to the airport you take the elevator up to the 3rd floor and go to wither your airline's ticket counter or your airline's curbside check-in podium, if available.

readytogo2
03-29-2009, 10:58 AM
you can check your bags at resorts flying Airtran. we just did it on march 16th and worked out great