PDA

View Full Version : July or August- help!

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
I have a 7 night trip booked with the DDP using the 4+3 promo for 7/10-7/17. However if they announce the free DDP for August (and it looks like they probably will) then that will save us more $$ than the 4+3 promo. I have been to WDW in both July and in August before; it's been a long time and I said never again. But, now that my daughters are in high school, I can't have them miss any days of school like we did for previous WDW trips, and I don't want to pass up a good deal to go just because I'm not crazy about the heat and crowds.

My question is, do you think there's a difference between mid-July and the end of August, in terms of weather and crowds? I really can't remember which month was worse for me. I know everyone is different, but I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on when they would rather go. (I really wish I could go back in December- I love the holidays at WDW!)

:thedolls: <-- this is what summer in FL does to me ;)

SBETigg
03-26-2009, 08:09 PM
There's a huge difference between mid-July and the end of August in crowds, not in weather. The crowds are actually pretty low toward the end of August. The later it gets in August, the lower the crowds. If I were torn between July and August, I would pick August in a heartbeat, no question, no matter the deals.

disneymom2000
03-26-2009, 08:19 PM
It always seems to me that the crowds are a little worse towards the end of summer (the couple of weeks before school is back in session) due to everyone hurrying to get their vacation in. And it is always hotter in August than in July. I'm from Texas and the heat in Florida in August seems worse than even here at home (I guess because of the humidity). Between you and me, I would rather put up with a few more people than feel like I want to shower every 15 minutes. But then then the money thing is always good but I saw they they just announced the next free DDP and it was September to mid-Oct. I didn't see anything for August.

PixieMagic
03-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Correction - free dining is August 16th - October 2nd

disneymom2000
03-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Awesome - thanks for that update.:)

cmsizzlin
03-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Was there August 07 and Oct 08. The crowds were worse in Oct and believe it or not it was 90 and humid in Oct.

So we booked this years trip for August again. Because the crowds were less in Aug and the heat was just as bad in Oct for us

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-26-2009, 09:50 PM
We've been twice at the end of August (20 - 30ish) and it was quite great!

The crowds were rather low, the restaurants were super-packed of course, but the lines for rides and shows weren't too bad at all!

The heat is crazy, but we more than managed, took lots of breaks, air-conditioning, lots of water.

We would go again at the end of August :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
03-27-2009, 07:56 AM
We usually go at the end of July but this year we are trying the end of August. From what folks have told me the crowds are lighter at the end of August due to the fact some schools are back in the second week in August. July crowds are quite heavy and lines are very long for most attractions.

As for the heat there are LOTS of ways to beat it at WDW, you just have to find what is best for you.

j&j
03-30-2009, 07:59 AM
end of july and aug weather around the same find no difference. hot
xmas is the best weather.:mickey::mickey: