PDA

View Full Version : Odd Toiletry Rule at the Contemporary

Friend of Figment
03-26-2009, 07:35 PM
We are staying at the Contemporary this week and having a terrific time. This is my favorite resort - in fact I joined DVC now that BLT is opening.

Anyway, we ran out of shampoo and shower gel so we called mousekeeping. The person said they don't replace anything unless you ask because they don't want to waste products. (Although we do have a mountain of bar soap). I said, " ok, we just need shampoo and shower gel." She said, "ok we'll bring shampoo, conditioner and shower gel". I said,
"we don't need conditioner." She said, "oh it comes in the kit." A few minutes later, someone knocked and brought a bag of assorted shampoo, shower gel and conditioner. We're not sure how it's not wasteful, but we have plenty to take home now.:mickey:

cindchan
03-26-2009, 08:37 PM
that's odd. I just got back from my trip, at the Contemporary, and didn't have that problem. They put in new bottles, when the ones I was using were sitting on the shower ledge. Um...yes I took the ones they left for my best friend, who's a Disney Freak. ^_^

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-26-2009, 09:47 PM
That's part of the Disney fun - taking home the extras and putting some magic into the day when a trip is still far away!

(I take mine when I take my Girl Guides camping, they always get a kick out of them :mickey:)

MNNHFLTX
03-27-2009, 10:37 AM
I agree that's odd. Maybe she misunderstood and meant that they don't leave "extras" if they already see a bottle sitting there? Otherwise, why wouldn't they replace them?

I've never had that experience at any other Disney World or Disneyland resort.

mudpuppysmom
03-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Sorta on topic here.....we were at AKL in December last year and I had decided to use the shampoo and conditioner in the shower this trip.....one morning I did not have enough and looked for a new bottle as they had left a new bottle the prior day. Well, there was no new bottle this morning, so I had to get mine out of the tolietry bag we brought. I threw away the empty disney bottle and the next day there was a new one in there.

So I guess unless they see that you NEED a new bottle they don't leave one?? I thought they replenished them daily??? I dunno.....:confused: