PDA

View Full Version : Need a suggestion for Mother's Day

Mr. Smee
03-26-2009, 05:12 PM
We will be in the World Over Mother's Day. We won;t be in a park that day, but will have a car. We are doing a Character Meal (Chef Mickey's) Monday AM. I am looking for a good suggestion for a memorable meal for DW and DD, Breakfast Lunch or Dinner. I am open to anything.

SBETigg
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, quite a lovely experience.

Dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe or Narcoossee's, then watching the fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant from the dock.

Dinner at Boma and watching the animals at AKL.

A special dinner during fireworks time at California Grill.

ElenitaB
03-26-2009, 09:39 PM
I would most definitely vote for afternoon tea... it's a really nice experience, elegant but not necessarily "girly" and you can definitely make a meal out of it.

epceddie
03-27-2009, 01:10 AM
My wife and I have been to Raglan Road in DTD on our last two trips and we love it.
We celebrated our first anniversary there this past October and we enjoyed a very quiet lunch in January.
I believe there's live music and step dancing every night. Maybe you could work that into your dinner plans and make it a memorable evening.
We especially like the Scallop Forest appetizer with the dipping sauces and the incredible bread pudding.

ShanPooh
03-27-2009, 02:41 AM
They USED TO do a wonderful Mothers' Day Brunch at EPCOT. Ah, well.

Some place like Olivia's at Old Key West with a boat ride to/from DTD might be nice or lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe and a walk around the gardens.

MickeyMousse
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
If you are all into Japanese, go to Teppan Edo! :thumbsup: Great food and entertainment at the hibachi table.

Wish I was going there for Mother's Day!!!:cloud9:

castlegirl
03-28-2009, 03:04 PM
We had breakfast at GF Cafe and it was lovely. I believe the specials for the day were pre-plated, but very good. My MIL and I both received carnations as mothers. There was also a nice selection for children. It was very relaxing and the grounds are beautiful in May. Enjoy :)

MadMadamMim
03-29-2009, 01:05 PM
I am actually taking my mom there for mother's day dinner. So I second the vote. It's a different place then other restaurants in WDW but a fun different. The atmosphere and food are awesome.