PDA

View Full Version : dino ride in ak

motherof4
03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
my husband is insisting that I try the dino ride in animal kingdom my son said it was scary and he is into scary things and wild rides I am not if he thinks it is scary I can't imagine how I will be on this. what do you think has anyone ever tried this ride?

Stu29573
03-26-2009, 04:32 PM
The thrills in this ride come from being in the dark with big loud things jumping out and trying to eat you. It IS rough, but it's not fast at all. The roughness comes from the vehicles moving around to make it seem like you are driving over rocks and trees and stuff. The actual ride track is perfectly flat. I usually don't care much for "thrill" rides, but this one was ok. No, I was not paid off by your husband...:mickey:

thrillme
03-26-2009, 05:05 PM
If you're talking about "Dinosaur" it's AWESOME
if your talking about the other Dino ride (can't remember the name)...it's AWESOME

If you're talking about the Tricerotops Spin..."Oh hum"

Dinosaur is on a track in the dark. It's a BLAST. It's like riding in a backroad jeep "4-wheelin' " adventure. Sure there's a few dinosaurs jumping out as you rush to beat the imending doom of the metor shower but...you'll survive (however one time we had a power outage of some sort and we were left in the dark)

Other Guest: What happened??!
Me: I think we died man!

But it's a blast. We had a little kid in front of us one time started to "wail" about going on. FINALLY he "obeyed" and settled down with his Daddy's insistance. We were expecting him to be crying at the end of the ride. Instead he was bouncing excitedly. "HURRY HURRY...Let's go Again. 5 more times Daddy...HURRY HURRY!!!" His Dad said he's always like that till he tries it then he LOVES it.

We all laughed.

The OTHER Dino ride is a "Crazy Mouse" design of roller coaster. It's almost like a mild kiddy coaster except it throws a little spinny action in there. I love it.

DisneyGlutton
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
If you're talking about Dinosaur, I would skip it. While I love thrill rides and dark rides, this one is unnecessarily rough, and not too scary imho. It would be at the bottom of my priority list, though I try to ride it once or twice a trip.

mrsgaribaldi
03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
It's extremely loud, to the point of being painful at times. For me anyway:mickey:

Dulcee
03-26-2009, 06:17 PM
I love dinosaur! I tend to giggle through out the entire ride for reasons that continually escape me.

However, my father can't do it. It is very jerky and has lots of flashing lights/loud noises. It tends to aggravate his migraines.

PetefromRI
03-26-2009, 06:58 PM
It scares the "heck" out of me,but I ride it at least once every trip.It's dark,loud and very jerky and I can never remember when something will jump out at me,but I love it!

rkwctw
03-26-2009, 08:55 PM
My kids have always loved this ride and rode it for the first time when they were 9 and 11 years old. They are both girls. It is loud and bumpy, but not really scary. We try to guess which kids will come off the ride crying. We have seen parents drag their young children onto the ride, when they are crying, and once the ride is over those kids are done for the day.

Chandlerella
03-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm very fond of most thrill rides. Among my faves at Disney are Everest and TOT, and I love Dueling Dragons at Universal (an inverted coaster). However, I have ridden Dinosaur twice and have yet to actually see the ride. It scares the HECK out of me, it actually hurts to ride, and I just scrunch up in a ball, close my eyes, and pray for the end. I will NEVER ride it again.

DANAM
03-26-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not into thrill rides or scary things. I'm scared of X-MEN. It's really bad. So I hate this ride but I just shut my eye's and bare it for my family. The ride it's self if rough but that never seems to bother me I just don't like doing down on coasters. Spin me upside down and I'm fine.
My best advise is try it. If it's too much for you close your eye's.
Oh... a little tip. We brought my 3 year old on it and I asked the cast member which side the dino popped out on and he said both but sit on the right so it won't be in your face. Well of course we were in the front row and on the right side the dino get's in your face. I guess the CM thought he was being cute!!! So sit on your left or load in the car first!!!

DreamFinder2
03-26-2009, 10:01 PM
I think everyone's summed Dinosaur! up pretty well. It IS loud, it IS rough and it IS scary, but there are no "roller coaster drops" or anything like that.

I, personally, won't get within 100 yards of a roller coaster, but I LOVE DINOSAUR! I tend to grin throught he whole thing...my DW tolerates it for her hubby :thumbsup:

texasteacher
03-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't find it scary, just kind of rough. I laugh a lot on it.
Now TOT...that is scary to me.

jrkcr
03-26-2009, 11:04 PM
The first time I rode it, I kept my eyes closed the entire ride, and just listened to see where the scary noises where coming from and how bad the scariness was, based on others screams. Then I re-rode it knowing when to expect something scary and felt more prepared.
Now I think it's a fun ride! :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
03-26-2009, 11:22 PM
my wife is terrified, but its so awesome

Mrs Bus Driver
03-27-2009, 07:32 AM
This ride is a clone of Indy in DL. Same track different monsters. The biggest difference is that Dino is mostly dark, which DD and I found disappointing. You can see everything in Indy and the detail is amazing. (back to your question) as far as thrill rides go it isn't very scary just bumpy and loud with a few dinos that jump out at you. I think as long as you know what to expect it won't scare you at all. :mickey: Have fun :D

DawsonAR
03-27-2009, 08:42 AM
I love thrill rides, but this one, I can do without. It is very loud and bumpy!

WDW_Obsessed
03-27-2009, 09:02 AM
It's definitley loud, bumpy and rough. And I personally think it's super scary, but in a fun way. I think you should try it once. You never know when you might stumble upon a ride that becomes one of your favorites! :thumbsup:

ASweetLov
03-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I laugh through this whole ride, Its great. I love dinosaur!!!!!

1stitch
03-27-2009, 06:08 PM
I
I don't do most any roller coaster... this is a jerky ride, with some bright lights and loud but harmless.... even I ride this once... every time I go. I am not crazy about it but I usually will try anything once. But it is not scary.

Iteachpc
03-28-2009, 01:28 AM
One thing to be aware of is this ride has stobe lighting in it that can be dangerous to some people. You shouldn't ride it if you are prone to seizures or are sensitive to flashing lights.

TheVBs
03-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm not big on rollercoasters or scares, and I love Dinosaur! It is bumpy and loud, but I find a lot of rides seem too loud for me. Even the Nemo ride into The Seas! I think it's worth trying at least once. My kids definitely wouldn't do well on it though.

dumbo ears
03-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I think its a good ride the first time you do it. its kinda scary the first time. But the second time is scarier because you know whats gonna happen. Its loud and dark and in your face but its still a good ride. Id recomend you to try it.

brownie
03-28-2009, 01:25 PM
There are three dinosaur attractions in Animal Kingdom. Triceratops Spin is a hub & spoke ride like Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Primeval Whirl is a wild mouse style roller coaster that tells a zany story about the end of the dinosaurs.

The attraction you are referring to is probably Dinosaur. It is an intense thrill ride and can be scary to some people and younger children. It is a good ride, but you might want to avoid it if you have trouble with scary rides.

Daddy Mouse
03-28-2009, 09:52 PM
This is a must do for us. Yes, I guess it could be scary for some people. But when you see happy people leaving the area that is a good thing. It is worth the try.

playdead88
03-29-2009, 08:23 AM
its scary! i rode with my head down in the floor board of the car - my son and husband love it but i will be the one outside on the bench eating ice cream waiting for them to get off this year

ojeilatan
03-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Other Guest: What happened??!
Me: I think we died man!

:laughing:

The first time we ever rode, we had just gotten to the nice dinosaur holding the log for us before the portal back, and right after the scientist yelled, 'Brace yourselves!' The whole thing shut off. We sat in the pitch black and silence for about a minute, and then suddenly took off again.

This ride is quite loud and rough, but I adore it. It's a great Disney immersion-adventure, and I think the noise level and roughness add to the realism. But, if either one bothers you, you will be uncomfortable the whole time to say the least.

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I love thrill rides, in general. However, as my friends and family know, I hate things jumping out at me. Since the carnotaurus approaches the vehicle from both sides at various points in this ride, my comfort zone is in one of the middle seats in a row. It makes me feel better to know that the dinosaur will eat someone else first, I guess, lol!! Anyway, that might be an option for you if you choose to go on it. Other than that, it's great fun!

rubato
03-29-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm very fond of most thrill rides. Among my faves at Disney are Everest and TOT, and I love Dueling Dragons at Universal (an inverted coaster). However, I have ridden Dinosaur twice and have yet to actually see the ride. It scares the HECK out of me, it actually hurts to ride, and I just scrunch up in a ball, close my eyes, and pray for the end. I will NEVER ride it again.

This is exactly how I felt! Never again. I love exciting rides and happily boarded the first time. It was so loud and painful and, yes, scary, that I hated it! My son and hubby forced me to do it the 2nd time. I deserved it, because I forced my son to ride TofT on his 5th birthday (he was tall enough, what can I say?)!

We're heading back in Feb, and I won't be on it ever again!