PDA

View Full Version : French Quarter or Coronado Springs?

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Please help us decide!! We've never stayed at either one, although we have visited POFQ and walked the grounds. (Stayed at Riverside a few years ago).

We have 2 kids ages 6 and 8. We usually don't spend tons of time at the resort, but we keep saying we'll do that "next time." We've spent the last few trips at All Star Movies, so either of these will be a step up! :mickey:

MMFreak
03-26-2009, 02:35 PM
We are staying at the FQ for the first time this year. We have been at CS for the last 2 years and we loved it. The only reason we did not go back to CS was because we wanted to try a new place. But i would def say CS is a good place to stay.

Lisaj13
03-26-2009, 02:43 PM
I can't speak about CS but i think POFQ is a great choice, especially with young kids.

It's a small size, so no matter where your room is you're close to the bus stop, gift shop, food court and pool (which my kids loved).

I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter where you stay. And take some time to relax in the hot tub. It's great at the end of the day.

Enjoy!

kakn7294
03-26-2009, 02:51 PM
POFQ is my fave - small resort, beautiful grounds, easy to get around, fun pool, nice food court although not one of the better. CSR is nice too but it's bottom on my list of mods - even Pop Century has it beat in my book!

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-26-2009, 03:12 PM
even Pop Century has it beat in my book!

Funny you should say that, because Pop is also on my radar!

Hull-onian
03-26-2009, 03:15 PM
POFQ is a good choice. You don't have to walk far to anywhere, and they have good bus service.

tdk316
03-26-2009, 03:18 PM
I've stayed at both and have been back to POFQ many times, and NEVER back to Coronado!

KatMark
03-26-2009, 03:23 PM
CSR is the only one we've stayed at and is our choice. We've stayed 7 times and number 8 is booked (it was always our kids favorite resort). We refuse to stay at values and the only deluxe we have an interest in is the AKL--and that won't happen for a few years at least. We have visited all of the other moderates, and I will say that POFQ would be the only other moderate I would stay at -- don't care for the POR and absolutely abhor the CBR.

Yes, the CSR is very large but it is also very peaceful and serene. There are queen beds, the three quiet pools besides the main pool with the great slide, the kiddie pool, the sand volleyball court, playground and arcade...all by the main pool. They have the Rix Cafe--a new take and go food place which is very good. We like that there is a fitness center/spa and the largest hot tub on property.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one of them.

buzz2001
03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs. Also, check out my CSR website below for updated info and pics.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms (about half done as of 3/2009) and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

Only moderate to offer suites.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I wasn't really wild about CSR when we stayed there. Maybe we just didn't give it enough of a chance since we were only there for 2 days after the cruise.
But we stayed at POFQ last year and I loved it. It's the perfect size resort, it wasn't really noisy, everything is nice and close, the bus stop, the pool, the food court etc. And you gotta love those beignets! YUM!!

tinksmom02
03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
We did CSR in 2004 and POFQ in 2007 and 2008. I love the size and theme of POFQ, you're never far from anything! The pool is so fun for kids, and you have the option to head up to POR to try out their pool, as well (slide is longer than POFQ). Plus you have Eliot Dyson in the Scat Cat's Lounge in POFQ, and Bob Jackson (awesome!) in the River Roost at POR. Boats to and from DTD.

We enjoyed our visit to CSR but are really in no hurry to return. Beautiful but pretty spread out. It is a convention center, though, so more amenities avaiable.

Don't think you'll go wrong, whichever you choose!

grumpypima
03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Csr Rocks!!!

jrkcr
03-26-2009, 11:17 PM
We love CSR!!

kathiep
03-28-2009, 09:36 AM
My kids got bored with the pool at POFQ pretty quickly. The pool seemed small and the slide wasn't very exciting, in their opinion. But they adored the pool at CSR. It was so much bigger and never felt crowded. The slide was long and winding. They loved the playground area right by the pool and mom & dad loved that they could see them from the pool. Since your kids are a little older, I think they might not appreciate the pool and slide at POFQ.

Dixie Springs
03-28-2009, 12:26 PM
While I voted CS, I will say that I think POFQ has one of the best pools on the property - especially for kids. Also, complimentary boat rides to Downtown Disney are a nice touch. We just like CS theming better - it's sort of a choice of 3 themes, actually.

c&d
03-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I voted for CSR, our son loved the pool area at CSR. The pool never seemed really crowded.

Another plus was the choices of food at Pepper Market. We each were always able to find something we liked to eat.

Another thing we liked, the buses were never crowded during the day and they had some of the best stops at the parks.