PDA

View Full Version : Child on Adult Dining Plan?

cer
03-26-2009, 01:31 PM
I have a 10 year old and an 8 year old. My 8 year old falls under the child category. Some of the offerings - alot of the offerings on the kids menu are pretty much insulting to my 8 year old. It was funny how outraged he was when we stepped into Starring Rolls and the only offering was PB&J Crustables (we did not eat there, by the way) - and at POP Century he was appalled at the Spaghetti and Meatball - yes, that is singular MEATBALL !

So the question is - in a vacation package can you get park tickets for your child at the child price and then pay extra for an adult meal plan for your child?

Has anyone done this?

Seasonscraps
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
With a package, I believe it's all or nothing. His tickets and dining plan are at either the adult or child prices.

d_m_n_n
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I've never left a meal hungry on the dining plan. Could your 10 yo and 8 yo possibly share the 10yo's adult meal?

DisneyTwinsMommy
03-26-2009, 02:03 PM
What you COULD do... It's not breaking the rules, just going around them a little.

Get your package, and your dining for your whole family. Consider your 8 year old an adult. Get EVERYONE a one-day base ticket. (getting your 8 year old an adult one day base ticket)

Once you arrive, upgrade everyone's ticket to a 7 day (or however many days) EXCEPT the 8 year old. By him/her a separate 7 day child's ticket. You will be out the $ for his 1 day base ticket BUT you can save it for another trip in the future. Thus making him an adult for the purposes of dining!

brian2000boston
03-26-2009, 02:03 PM
not to steal thread, but i was going to post similar question. Can i purchase an adult ticket for my child and then they can use adult dining for free?

From my calculations of an 8 day pass it is only $40 more to add the adult magic your pay ticket instead of a child, i know the food value on the free dining from child to adult would pay for that the first couple days.

DisneyTwinsMommy
03-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes you can, but you would have to get your child an adult ticket.

Maybe it will help if i explained what i did. I have twins who in September when we go for free dining will be almost 2. They are very big eaters so sharing off my plate is not an option which forced us to buffets mostly, which can get really yucky for a week straight. :ack:

For the sake of dining, I made then both a "child." I had to pay for a one day ticket (which we will not be using since they really are under 3, but can save for later.) but by making them a "child" they can get a children's meal at every food location.

You can apply the same concept to the child to adult situation. Hope that helps. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Yes you can, but you would have to get your child an adult ticket.

But, for a week, it is only about $40 more.

DisneyTwinsMommy
03-26-2009, 03:11 PM
But, for a week, it is only about $40 more.

Correct! I was agreeing that I thought it was a good idea.

cer
03-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you so much for your responses! :)

brian2000boston
03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
We may now give this a try, we thank you too