PDA

View Full Version : Transportaion from airport to hotel

luvDaMouse
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I usually use Magical Express, but was thinking about taking a cab from MCO to AKV does anyone know how much the cab ride would cost? I did see something about a company called QuickSilver, is that a limo company? how much are they? :mickey: I am getting in alittle late and I dont know if I want to have to wait for my luggage to "magically appear" at midnight:mickey:

DisneyTwinsMommy
03-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Collect your own luggage then get on Magical Express! :thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
03-26-2009, 01:44 PM
You could check quick silver's website for fares - I think it's about $60 each way and $110 round trip. It's nice to have them waiting at the carousel, help you with your bags and just pull away with no waiting.

c&d
03-26-2009, 02:37 PM
I think I remember reading there are new rules with ME if you arrive after 10:00pm. You now get your luggage at the airport and take it to the bus.

We're getting in at midnight and so picking up the luggage will make it easier for us. I always forget to pack something in the overnight bag.

Piglet822
03-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Effective March 30th there will be no luggage service for those arriving at 10PM or later.
But, if you choose not to use DME then I recommend Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/). They are an Intercot sponsor so you help us out as well and our members that have used them are quite pleased with their service.

DreamFinder2
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I would definitely vote for a towncar service over a cab. It's a great way to start your vacation when someone's in the baggage claim holding a sign w/ your name on it, and they help with bags, etc.

Although we've never used Quicksilver, we've been very happy with other Orlando-based companies like Happy Limo and Tiffany Towncar Service.

All are about the same price...$100-$120 round trip, plus gratuity.

SteveL
03-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Go for Quicksilver. It really isn't exepensive and it is great having someone meet you and take you directly to your resort.
Also the return trip to the airport won't leave you sitting there for hours on end waiting for your flight.

Piglet822
03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Go for Quicksilver. It really isn't exepensive and it is great having someone meet you and take you directly to your resort.
Also the return trip to the airport won't leave you sitting there for hours on end waiting for your flight.

Not too mention they are a site sponsor and it helps us out as well :D
Here's a link to their website:

Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/)

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I personally would use ME because it doesn't cost anything, however we used Happy Limo a few years ago before Disney started ME (I think Happy used to be an Intercot sponsor then). It was around $110 for the round trip towncar (plus tip), and it was great. If you don't want to do ME then I would definitely recommend a towncar service over a cab.

j&j
03-29-2009, 08:43 AM
we used quicksilver they were on time. cost around $120 round trip plus tip. :mickey::mickey: