PDA

View Full Version : DVC Trip Insurance

VWL Mom
03-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Can someone explain how this works and how much it costs (is it point based)? I am booked to take my sons and their friends in August and never even thought about Hurricane season. Is it worth getting?
TIA

peemagg
03-26-2009, 07:39 PM
The insurance is point based. It really doesn't cost that much. We haven't paid over $80. I think it is worth it for the peace of mind knowing that if something happens then you have something to back you up. We don't travel to WDW without the insurance.

vizsla
03-27-2009, 05:11 AM
The insurance is worth getting for many reasons. The insurance is cheap and it gives you a peace of mind in the event something happens. The fee is based on the number of points used on your trip and everyone in your family will be covered. If for some reason you had to cancel your trip your points are not given back, the insurance pays you a cash value per point as a refund.

LoriSan
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I booked my 1st DVC trip for July. I don't remember any info about insurance. Is that because I'm using developers points?

peemagg
03-27-2009, 11:05 PM
There should have been a piece of paper describing it in your confirmation papers when you booked.

KayDee
03-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Well I just booked my first DVC vaca.So I did phone the company that offers the insurance.They insure points flights and medical all 3 are insured seperatly.To insure 394 poionts it was $101.The fights were 30 bucks per ticket.The medical was no were as near as I can get at CAA(AAA).

Maleficent's Dad
03-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Is it worth getting?

In reality, that is a question that only you can answer.

We have purchased the insurance, but we don't do so for all trips. Ironically, we do purchase the trip insurance for when we plan summer (usually August) trips due to the threat of hurricanes.

jhallenbeck
04-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Can someone renting points purchase this trip insurance or can only DVC members purchase it? We are renting pojnts in August and I was looking at private insurance plans.

Maleficent's Dad
04-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Can someone renting points purchase this trip insurance or can only DVC members purchase it? We are renting pojnts in August and I was looking at private insurance plans.
I'm not sure... :confused:

If it's available, the DVC owner would have to help you out with the transaction. Contact that person would be my advice as to a first step.

VWL Mom
04-02-2009, 08:08 AM
In reality, that is a question that only you can answer.

You're right. What I meant was $ per $. If they are going to charge $100 and give me $200 I'd rather risk it. I think I'll give them a call this morning for the specifics.

Thanks everyone.:thumbsup: