PDA

View Full Version : Mugs!!!

DANAM
03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Silly question. First have they changed the mugs lately? Are they still the blue and silver holiday ones? And second how many different lid colors are available? With the deluxe plan we will get four mugs so I was wondering are there still only 2 lid colors? I know I'm ****.

KatMark
03-25-2009, 11:02 PM
They have the new mugs out (attached is a picture) and I believe they have four different color lids/handles. The only one not to have the new mug is the CSR because they have their own mug.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/resortmugs20090003.jpg

DANAM
03-25-2009, 11:12 PM
So cute!!! Thanks for the picture. We will be there for chirstmas and I was wishing for a Christmas mug but these are really cute and we already have a Christmas mug from a Halloween trip.

kakn7294
03-25-2009, 11:17 PM
We were just at Pop 2 weeks ago. I only remember 3 colors for the new mugs. The picture is the same on all but the handles / lids came in red, black, or yellow.

Insanity Clause
03-25-2009, 11:52 PM
I have a silly question and I know I probably should know the answer to this but...are the mugs complementary if you have a package with the Dining plan and do you get one per person in your party?

PixieMagic
03-26-2009, 12:50 AM
They are not complimentary with regular dining...I know you get them with QS dining and I'm not sure about Deluxe.....

kakn7294
03-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I have a silly question and I know I probably should know the answer to this but...are the mugs complementary if you have a package with the Dining plan and do you get one per person in your party?They are complimentary with the Deluxe and the Quick Service plans but you will still have to purchase them with the standard dining plan. It is 1 mug per person over age 3 with the dining plans that include them.

DANAM
03-26-2009, 10:44 AM
We were just at Pop 2 weeks ago. I only remember 3 colors for the new mugs. The picture is the same on all but the handles / lids came in red, black, or yellow.

I am wondering if there is another color available at a different resort? Will be going over to several for dinner maybe we will wait to get the last one, just in case.

MistressGracey999
03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Speaking of the mugs...

Every year at Pop Century, I see folks strolling around with and at the beverage bar refilling their old "tie-dye" Pop mugs from at least 2 or 3 years ago (I know, I have them)...

After dutifully going to the Food Court and purchasing new mugs every year to the tune of $50 bucks, I can't help but feel a little resentful toward these folks, and more so, toward the Disney folks that don't enforce their own rules. If they're not going to enforce the "length of stay" rule with the mugs, why not eliminate the rule and make it free refills forever?? Goodness knows I have enough mugs here for a lifetime, and I would be HAPPY to spend that $50 elsewhere in the resort!

My question is, has anyone EVER witnessed anyone getting "busted" by a CM for using an old mug?? :confused:

big blue and hairy
03-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I am wondering if there is another color available at a different resort? Will be going over to several for dinner maybe we will wait to get the last one, just in case.
Nope, other than CSR, who's food court isn't run by Disney, all the food courts have the same mugs.
My question is, has anyone EVER witnessed anyone getting "busted" by a CM for using an old mug?? Nope, and I can just about guarantee you never will. It's not a fight worth having. Do you want a screaming match in the middle of a food court? I know WDW doesn't.

:sulley:

MistressGracey999
03-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Seems like anymore, though, NOTHING is a fight worth having when it comes to the behavior of guests at WDW. CMs enforce almost no rules. This is an affront to guests to wait their turn in line, buy new mugs at the resorts, don't use flash on the rides, smoke in the designated areas, etc., etc....Enforcing of rules so that EVERYONE has a good experience used to be one thing that really set WDW apart from say...Busch Gardens.

Ok, I guess I have strayed far enough off topic! I actually really do like these new mugs. Much nicer than the YoaMD mug I am currently sipping from.

DANAM
03-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Speaking of the mugs...

Every year at Pop Century, I see folks strolling around with and at the beverage bar refilling their old "tie-dye" Pop mugs from at least 2 or 3 years ago (I know, I have them)...

After dutifully going to the Food Court and purchasing new mugs every year to the tune of $50 bucks, I can't help but feel a little resentful toward these folks, and more so, toward the Disney folks that don't enforce their own rules. If they're not going to enforce the "length of stay" rule with the mugs, why not eliminate the rule and make it free refills forever?? Goodness knows I have enough mugs here for a lifetime, and I would be HAPPY to spend that $50 elsewhere in the resort!

My question is, has anyone EVER witnessed anyone getting "busted" by a CM for using an old mug?? :confused:
This makes me wonder if Disney doesn't expect this. You would think that they would do something to prevent it. Don't they have a scan bar on the mugs at the waterparks. I have wondered why they don't do this at the resorts. I guess the cost to install scan bars doesn't equal the amount of reused mugs but I have to say I see quite a few old mugs everytime we go.

One more question what do you think the chances are for a NEW holiday mug this year are? Since it took them 2+ years to get away from a holiday mug I guess not.

DisneyPrincess21
03-27-2009, 11:03 AM
One more question what do you think the chances are for a NEW holiday mug this year are? Since it took them 2+ years to get away from a holiday mug I guess not.

Probably not, It took them so long to change over from the yoamd ones to the news ones. So I doubt it. I don't mind though, Because I am going in December and I want to get the red ones they have. They are very "Classic Disney" to me. I love them :cool:

DisneyPrincess21
03-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Seems like anymore, though, NOTHING is a fight worth having when it comes to the behavior of guests at WDW. CMs enforce almost no rules. This is an affront to guests to wait their turn in line, buy new mugs at the resorts, don't use flash on the rides, smoke in the designated areas, etc., etc....Enforcing of rules so that EVERYONE has a good experience used to be one thing that really set WDW apart from say...Busch Gardens.

Ok, I guess I have strayed far enough off topic! I actually really do like these new mugs. Much nicer than the YoaMD mug I am currently sipping from.

I agree, But you figured there are so many rude people out there, That already feel they have the right to do whatever they want, And your not going to convince them otherwise. So I guess the cm's are just picking their battles. As long as the rest of us follow the rules, And don't be influenced to break the rules "because everyone get's away with it" Maybe if enough of us keep WDW the happiest place on earth and refuse the let the selfish people ruin our trip, Eventually we will make an impact and outweigh the one's that are doing wrong :balloon:

big blue and hairy
03-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Silly question. First have they changed the mugs lately? Are they still the blue and silver holiday ones? By the way, those aren't holiday mugs, they are Year Of A Millions Dreams mugs. They just look wintery because of the (imho) unfortunate choice of color palatte for the celebration.

wendy*darling
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
:cop: Moderator Alert !! :cop:

Please keep this thread on topic- the original poster only asked about the availability and colors of the new mugs.

By the way, those aren't holiday mugs, they are Year Of A Millions Dreams mugs. They just look wintery because of the (imho) unfortunate choice of color palatte for the celebration.

I was just going to say the same thing! I think a lot of people mistake them for Holiday themed mugs.

Also- there are only the 3 new colors no matter where you go. Red, Yellow and Black- Mickey's colors! :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
03-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Also- there are only the 3 new colors no matter where you go. Red, Yellow and Black- Mickey's colors! :mickey:

It didn't even dawn on me that those are Mickey's colors.That makes sense now.
I'm going to get the red one, My 2 niece's and mother can fight over who get's the other 2 color's But the red is mine! :D

kakn7294
03-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Speaking of the mugs...

My question is, has anyone EVER witnessed anyone getting "busted" by a CM for using an old mug?? :confused:Never witnessed anyone getting busted and don't think I ever will.

Along these lines (and to hijack the thread :D), when we were at Pop just a couple of weeks ago, there was no sign stating that the mugs where for this trip only (and believe me, I looked!) and the little tags that I thought I remembered being on the handles were not there. It got me wondering if they are discontinuing the policy against the reuse of mugs on future trips or if they are just resigning themselves to the fact that people are going to do it anyway.

big blue and hairy
03-28-2009, 02:49 PM
(and to hijack the thread :D):angry:

;)

DANAM
03-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I have to say I started the thread and I don't think it was hijacked!!!! I love all this mug talk. I got my question answered plus much more.
On a side note, do you know that I use that million dreams mug EVERYDAY (since sept. 07)and I swore it was a holiday mug. I read what you all said and I had to look at it again. I think they could have came up with something better for year of a million dreams. Really, I thought it was a holiday mug!!!
Thanks again for all your wonderful comments!!!

Iteachpc
03-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I wish they'd do 4 colors with the mugs. I usually travel with 3 kids so we have to double up on the colors. That's why I always carry a shapie marker with me!

grumpydude
03-28-2009, 11:42 PM
I remember when the mugs used to have yhe resort name on them. It made them more unique.:teleport:

DANAM
03-29-2009, 11:14 PM
I wish they'd do 4 colors with the mugs. I usually travel with 3 kids so we have to double up on the colors. That's why I always carry a shapie marker with me!

You sound like me. I never leave the house with out Sharpie Markers and ziploc bags.

spoonful of sugar
03-30-2009, 03:33 PM
does anyone know what the csr mugs look like? we are going in april and i was looking forward to the new disney mugs, but i guess not being we are staying at csr.

bluetink
04-01-2009, 11:41 AM
can anyone tell me how much the mugs cost?

betteratmk
04-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Never witnessed anyone getting busted and don't think I ever will.

Along these lines (and to hijack the thread :D), when we were at Pop just a couple of weeks ago, there was no sign stating that the mugs where for this trip only (and believe me, I looked!) and the little tags that I thought I remembered being on the handles were not there. It got me wondering if they are discontinuing the policy against the reuse of mugs on future trips or if they are just resigning themselves to the fact that people are going to do it anyway.

:confused:We were just at Pop a month ago and bought the new mugs. You really need a magnifying glass to find it toward the bottom of the mug on the side. I really had trouble mking out what it said. Honestly if I didn't know ahead of time what it said I really don't think I could read it!