PDA

View Full Version : Taxi service CBR to AKL -- anyone done anything similar??

Dsnygirl
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi all -- we're considering doing a split-stay in October, and saw on another thread about splitting reservations that it is possible to use a taxi resort to resort instead of relying on Disney to move your luggage.

We don't necessarily want to head out to the parks the day we're planning on changing resorts, we'd rather get to AKL and check in and enjoy the resort for awhile before continuing on with our day... maybe even staying and enjoying the pool if the weather is nice.

So, we'd like to get over there and checked in quickly, and a taxi sounds like the best idea for this.

So! My question -- has anyone done this? Is the price reasonable, and do you have a choice on who to call, or do they have a company they use for this that they recommend?

:thanks:

CleveRocks
03-25-2009, 10:52 PM
You talk about wanting to enjoy the resort on your move day ... which sounds like a great idea as long as you don't plan on getting into your room. You can NEVER count on getting your room early.

Before the Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal was announced, I had a split stay planned, between Coronado Springs and Contemporary. Here was my plan for the move day: Pack up our bags and have the resort collect the bags and have them delivered to the second resort by later in the day. Then we'd just leave our room like it was any other day, go to a park, and then for our mid-day break we'd go from the park to the new resort rather than from the park to the old resort. Pretty efficient.

If you wish to take a taxi, there are taxis waiting at every resort, and if there isn't one waiting, they'll call one for you. I can't see any advantage to you getting on the phone and calling one company versus another.

The ride from CBR to AKL should cost you arroximately $20 or so. It will be very easy for you to do it this way, and take your luggage with you.

Whichever way you decide to do it, you'll have a great time, I'm sure.

Dsnygirl
03-25-2009, 11:08 PM
You talk about wanting to enjoy the resort on your move day ... which sounds like a great idea as long as you don't plan on getting into your room. You can NEVER count on getting your room early.

Thanks for the reminder -- I'd forgotten about that!! So maybe we'll just take our stuff over and try, and if we can't get in (which at the hour I'd like to move, I'm assuming we won't be able to...) we'll just have it held 'til our room is ready, and have our swimming stuff with us. :thumbsup:

tdk316
03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
We've traveled between resorts and used a taxi - call down to the bell station when you're ready to leave, you may ask them to come and help with your luggage (if you want to) and that you'll need a taxi. They should be able to arrange everything for you!