PDA

View Full Version : Does the reservationist handle DDP calls differently?

mouseketeer mom
03-25-2009, 09:04 PM
I ask this because when making ADR's, I am always asked if I am on the dining plan. Does this make a difference in securing reservations? Do people on the plan have a better chance of getting a table? I'm not sure why they ask because when we show up for our ADR's, they ask again, its not noted on our reservation.

madandmaksmom
03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I am not sure, but I think it does matter if you are eating at some of the dinner shows and signature dining restaurants that require credit card guarantees, for example the Hoop Dee Doo and CRT. If you are not on the DDP, I think you have to pay up front and get charged right away. I know the year we were not on the DDP, this happened to us. If you are on the DDP, they do take your CC number, but don't charge it unless you don't show.

SBETigg
03-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I always thought maybe they used the information to keep track of if they are selling guests on the dining plan or not in advance of actually seating and serving the guests. I don't think it affects the process of getting a table, but who knows.

ToraTory
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't think it makes a difference in getting the ressie that you want (or need). We are paying for the dining plan for our next trip in June. My first day of the trip is June 20. I called yesterday to make my ressies and only got half of the ones I wanted. I'm staying for 8 nights and of those 9 days, only 1 day for breakfast at Tusker House available, the other days were completely booked. The only time I could get at the Coral Reef was 8:10 pm and Tony's was booked solid on 3 of the nights. Either that week is going to packed or the new ressie system was giving wrong information...sigh...

wendy*darling
03-27-2009, 01:57 PM
I believe they ask so that they can help you understand how the credits work- and that some choices will require 2TS instead of 1.

When they ask again when you arrive, it's so your server can explain the DDP to you.

sbnewbride
04-04-2009, 11:37 AM
I agree with everyone above. Last year my husband and I went on our honeymoon. When we were first planning the trip and I booked our ADR's we were thinking we would stay off-site. So when asked if we had the DDP I said no but we still pretty much got everything we wanted and even at optimal times. The only difference was when we booked CRT I had to put it on our CC. As the trip got closer we decided to stay on-site and get the DDP. It didn't affect anything on the trip and like someone said, the servers asked us again and apparently didn't have a record that we had initally booked without the plan. In my experience it didn't seem to matter.