PDA

View Full Version : Where can we eat with views of fireworks!!!

DANAM
03-25-2009, 04:47 PM
We will be there in December and I am wondering do any of these places have views of Fireworks and what time should we book?
I know California Grill does but what time do we book for?
Artist Point
Narcoossee's
Or are there any others I should know about?
Thanks

Insanity Clause
03-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Rose and Crown at Epcot has a great view of illuminations.

EpcotFan182
03-25-2009, 06:31 PM
California Grill is a great place to view the fireworks. I believe we had priority seatings around 6:30 or 7 and the fireworks were at 9. We ate dinner and then went out to the balcony to view the fireworks. When we got back to our seats we were served our dessert. I've done it twice and both times were awesome experiences.

I second the Rose and Crown. Request to sit outside and you'll have an excellent view of Illuminations.

SAHDad
03-25-2009, 06:49 PM
We had 7 or 7:15 for California Grill earlier this year, and we finished in time to see Wishes from the balcony. A lot of fellow diners got up, went outside, watched the fireworks, and then went back to eat.

KayDee
03-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Also Ohanas at Poly.And if you cant get in right around fireworks time you can go down to the beach and watch them there.

Soul_Power
03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Also Ohanas at Poly.And if you cant get in right around fireworks time you can go down to the beach and watch them there.

Are there any "Poly guests only" rules about being on the beach while watching fireworks?

Pirate Granny
03-25-2009, 10:46 PM
We've been at WDW a few times at Xmas...One year we ate at Narcoossee's and had a table at the window looking out to the MK...imagine our dismay when tons of people (not from the restaurant) came and stood on the deck leaning against our window...even people with children on their shoulders...ruined our plan for seeing the fireworks on Christmas Day...so...we now go to the Cali Grill, where noone can stand in front of the window and the view is wonderful...we've always been eating and twice we faced MK and didn't need to even get up...one time was again Christmas Day dinner...we have done Rose & Crown...it took them 45 minutes to seat us, and we ended up in the outdoor section that had heavy plastic and heaters in the ceiling...we still were able to see Illuminations, however it wasn't the same as being at an outside table...however, the bonus was we weren't eating ash from the fireworks...I hear Mexico has a good viewing spot, but it's not a TS so I'm not sure how early you need to get there to secure a table.
ENJOY...nothing is better than Xmas at WDW.
:pirate:

TheRustyScupper
03-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Are there any "Poly guests only" rules about being on the beach while watching fireworks?

On crowded nights, sometimes they do check resort ID's.

dixielandings
03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd book about an hour or hour and a half before showtime. The Dining phone rep should have a current schedule of all shows so you can plan accordingly.

Cali Grill is my favorite place for this purpose. But I also loved watching IllumiNations from R & C. They cannot guarantee, however, a terrace table so take note.