PDA

View Full Version : disney moments in everyday life

DisneyDaughter
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
so my family is seriously disney oriented:mickey:! My DD and DM can take any phrase or thing back to disney:beat:. in fact my DD just the other day saw a random billboard and "Hey There Is A Hidden Mickey!!!":goof:. Pleas tell me about your special disney moments, it will make me feel better about my DP's mental health:paranoid::help::silly:. lol

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't worry...it is natural side-effect of being a Disney-nut :mickey:

I see hidden Mickey's all over town, and when we go on the crazy-bridge over the highway, DD and I always yell out "we're on Test Track".

I know, we're Geeks...and we love it ;)

kcrc
03-24-2009, 11:09 PM
In our house, every time there is something very scenic on tv (usually a commercial), we'll say that we feel like we're on Soarin'!!

Dragongirlx
03-25-2009, 04:26 AM
We like to count Mickey toppers on Cars and always feel great if we get above 10.
As we are in the UK there usually isn't that many but it always makes me feel like disney :mickey:

SBETigg
03-25-2009, 07:34 AM
My daughter and I are both Disney-crazy like that and it makes my husband and son, who love Disney but don't obsess, a little annoyed with us. :blush: I also find hidden Mickeys in weird places.

Example, there's a commercial here for a regional school to learn truck driving. The spokesman is in front of a sign with a big black wheel or something behind his head, but it looks to me like he's wearing half a set of Mickey ears. I always say "look, kids, it's half a hidden Mickey!" And the family thinks I'm completely nuts.

mouseketeer mom
03-25-2009, 07:58 AM
I tell my kids to have a Magical Day each morning when they leave for school!

PrettyMinnie
03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
My friend and I look for hidden Mickeys EVERYWHERE...sad. :blush:

DISFREAKS
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
lol i feel better:unsure: but my family takes it to another degree:goof:. we have a bear head and a mouse head hanging on our bonus room wall, well we pu mouse ears on them:mickey:.

kemps@wdw
03-26-2009, 10:39 PM
As I read this post, I glance up and look around my "Disney" home. Character statues in my kitchen, Park posters on my wall in my tv room, all my scrapbooks on a shelf in my foyer, a large curio w/ALL of my souvenirs from our last 15 trips in my dining room, my DD Disney bathroom, complete w/"Mickey Pants Red" wall paint and all our towel animals on a shelf, Mickey head stickers on our bathroom mirrors, and all my vaca videos and dvds from 1980 on in my room. Not to mention the WDW cds in my 6 cd stacker in my truck! So...no...I don't think any of us are obsessive. We're just...Disney luvers! :cloud9:

Iteachpc
03-27-2009, 05:20 PM
DD who is 17 by the way was watching TV the other day and yelled out, "Hey! A hidden Mickey!" Sure enough the lady in the commercial was wearing a necklace that resembled a hidden Mickey. Hee Hee! We are definitely a Disney family.:mickey:

Hull-onian
03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Isn't it funny, I had the same thoughts. I work as a cashier, and when the belt moves I can only think of Peter Pans Flight because of the way it sounds and moves. Weird huh?

I always see Mickey antenna toppers everywhere, and I have a Tinkerbell decal on my rear window. I want to share the magic.:mickey:

BMan62
03-27-2009, 08:37 PM
lol i feel better:unsure: but my family takes it to another degree:goof:. we have a bear head and a mouse head hanging on our bonus room wall, well we pu mouse ears on them:mickey:.

Must have been tough getting a mounted mouse head!! :D

MickeyMousse
03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Our DS7 seems to find hidden Mickeys all over the place! But we have something Disney just about everywhere-Disney crocs, kitchen towels and pot holders, our DVC resorts print on our bedroom wall, kids have at least one Disney character in on their beds, keychains and both my DH and I wear our Disney watches everyday!!
Now DH is trying to build a suspended track in our Florida Room for the monorail to ride around, with maybe some resorts set up in between.:thumbsup:

cheshirecollector
03-28-2009, 04:41 PM
We have some recorded announcements for our buses and trains which remind me of WDW. When I hear the "doors are closing" announcement, I think "please stand clear of the doors...".

beksy
03-29-2009, 05:39 PM
My sister and I find random hidden mickeys everywhere we go and at meals when we both happen to be taking a drink at the same time we say "Kungaloosh." :cheers: We also randomly do the AC song :cap:(complete with motions of course!). Its even more fun because it drives my Dad (who is not a Disney-nut and thinks we, especially me, are half-crazy and obsessed (like there's something wrong with that?? :confused:)) crazy! :high5:

DawsonAR
03-29-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm glad to hear my son isn't the only one.....he finds hidden mickeys everywhere. I hear him at least once a day "Hey Mom, here is a hidden Mickey". It is too funny!

TiggerD
03-30-2009, 08:55 AM
To keep us in the Magical Spirit while not at WDW, we just go to our sons home. He has done almost every room in a Disney theme. He and his DW have done the dining room in vintage Disney, he painted the walls in his home office the colors of Disney and has matching curtains, paintings, snowglobes, all over. They are now expecting their first baby and the nursery is done and done in Mickey Disney sports theme as it is a boy. Heading back to WDW in September and by that time DGS will have been born, so we can bring back all kinds of things for him.:mickey: