PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Scrooge and Donald's Birthday

Unca Scrooge!
03-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey all, kinda new here. My family and I are planning a birthday trip to WDW, and my birthday falls on the same day as Donald Duck's Birthday (June 9th). Donald and Scrooge are my favorite characters, and I am hoping to see the Scrooge McDuck character at WDW. My research shows that he only shows up around Christmas time and "special events". Would Donald's 75th Birthday be a special event? If anyone has anything about this, let me know, thanks.

DI

sassafras
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Don't know if anything special is being done for Donald's birthday, but would like to know where to see Scrooge. DH's favorite character is Scrooge and we've spent quite a bit of time the last few times we were at DW trying to locate him or any type merchandise featuring him. Did manage to locate a couple of pins and a money clip and that was about it. So, hopefully, someone else will know if and when he can be found.

Hayden's Dad
03-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Scrooge is typically only out at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Christmas Tree Lot with Donald. I don't know if they will do anything special or not for Donald's birthday. It couldn't hurt to go to Guest Relations and ask them to call the CHIP line to see if Scrooge will be out that day or not. Good luck :mickey:

Greenlawler
03-25-2009, 11:27 AM
He does appear during the day as well, not just during the Christmas Party during the Christmas season at Donald's Tree Lot.

I was wondering if they were going to do something as well. During his 70th birthday they did not do anything as I recall. They did have all sorts of merch though.

Blue Genie
03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
As far as I know Disneyland isn't doing nothing for Donald as well. They got there hands full with the new Celebration party.

DANAM
03-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Scrooge is typically only out at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Christmas Tree Lot with Donald. I don't know if they will do anything special or not for Donald's birthday. It couldn't hurt to go to Guest Relations and ask them to call the CHIP line to see if Scrooge will be out that day or not. Good luck :mickey:

That's exciting I will have to lookout for him.