PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Adventure Cruise

PrincessJadesMom
03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
I heard that there is a Pirate Cuise that lasts 2 hrs for 4-10 year olds. Has anyone sent their kids on that? Did they like it? Is it mostly for boys? My daughter would like to go on it, she is 9. Does anyone have any info? Thanks!:pirate:

faline
03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
You'll find some general information on the cruises for kids here. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp)

I don't have any first-hand experience but others report that their kids really enjoyed it.

Woozle
03-24-2009, 07:33 PM
My little sisters and cousin (the only boy in the fam) did this last time and they really enjoyed themselves. They went on a treasure hunt, had a snack, and got pirate hat hankie (sorry don't know the official name for it).
It was also a nice couple of hours with out the kids.

javamama
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
I saw tons of kids leave from the Poly Marina last year right outside our room, a few times last year. It looked like fun, my ds wanted to go but since he was by himself we veto'd it. It does seem like a fun adventure!

DisneyBabies
03-25-2009, 09:09 AM
We just got back from our trip and DS5 did this and loved it!

One thing, just for info purposes: if it is too cold on the water or the water is too rough, they will not take the kids out on a boat. This happened on the day DS was scheduled to go and they took the kids around the GF instead. It was really funny seeing them running around the resort yelling like pirates and "scaring" the guests while they looked for the treasure.

Also, there was a PhotoPass photographer who followed them on DS's adventure, but I don't know if they do it for every adventure or only those who have to stay inside.

Hope this helps!

Luv Eeyore
03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
My DS (who is now 7) did this about a year and a half ago at the Yacht Club and had a blast. He is booked for the one at the GF in a few weeks and is so excited. When he went before, there was a good mix of both boys and girls, and there were both male and female cast members who did a great job with the kids.

We stayed in the area and it was fun to watch the kids running around looking for treasure, and we could hear them singing and acting like pirates when they were out on the water. We highly recommend this for kids!