PDA

View Full Version : Play Toy Story Mania At Home - only on Wii

Strmchsr
03-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Just picked this up off the wire today. Now I can quit worrying about picking up a fastpass :D :

PRESS RELEASE: Disney Interactive Studios Announces Toy Story Mania!, Inspired by the Disney/Pixar Feature Film “Toy Story,” Exclusively for Wii™

Beloved “Toy Story” Characters and Theme Park Attraction Provide Backdrop for Family-Friendly Carnival-Style Video Game

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Disney Interactive Studios today announced Toy Story Mania!, inspired by the Disney/Pixar animated feature “Toy Story,” will be released exclusively for the Wii™ home video game console this fall. Toy Story Mania! showcases an array of entertaining games based on the new Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort attractions, while featuring the iconic characters and humor From The popular Disney/Pixar “Toy Story” franchise.

“The ‘Toy Story’ franchise is a fun, dynamic and heart-warming series containing characters and themes that connect with every age group,” said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “Toy Story Mania! combines those popular elements with the unique antics of the new theme park attraction for the ultimate in family entertainment.”

In Toy Story Mania!, players experience the fast-paced, zany fun of the Toy Story Mania! theme park attraction, which is an interactive experience requiring 3D glasses and involving rapid or quick-firing shooting galleries. In addition to galleries adapted from the attraction, the game includes new and original galleries and a series of mini games, all hosted by beloved characters from the movies. The thematically-connected levels are designed for up to four players of all ages with competitive and co-operative multiplayer options. Toy Story Mania! also includes bonus 3D features, transforming the game experience with eye-popping visuals.

The Pixar-created “Toy Story” and ”Toy Story 2” have both had successful box office and DVD sales. The Disney Digital 3D™ theatrical re-release of “Toy Story” is in the works and will open in theatres on October 2, 2009, followed by the 3D re-release of “Toy Story 2” opening on February 12, 2010, leading up to the premiere of “Toy Story 3” in 3D summer 2010. Toy Story Mania! is the first video game to place characters from these films into a carnival game setting and is expected to resonate with fans of the films and the attraction, as well as gamers who like pick-up-and-play party games.

Developed by Papaya Studio, Toy Story Mania! will be available this fall exclusively for Wii.

Emme&TeddysMommy
03-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Yippeeeeeee! Now we can get our Disney fix at home. Not to mention a little practice for our next vacation never hurt anyone.

BriarRose
03-24-2009, 05:38 PM
We've been on the fence to get a Wii, since we have no kids, but this just might tip the scales. We absolutely LOVED this attraction!

TikiGoddess
03-24-2009, 08:19 PM
We have a Wii and this will be a PERFECT addition for our Disney family!

Kathy

DisneyWhirled
03-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Ohhh!!! I want one!!

JPL
03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Now don't get me wrong here I think this an awesome idea and might influence into buying a Wii but in a sense doesn't it water down the ride experience a little? It also kind of backs up some of the critcism the ride received as being more of video game than a ride.

Mickey'sGirl
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I am now officially a geek! This is the very first video game I have ever been excited about! :clappy: Thanks for the news!

Dragongirlx
03-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I sooo want this game - gives me my disney fix away from the park

wire0monkey
03-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh, cool.

My kids will love this.

Polynesian Dweller
03-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Looking forward to this one. What great way to have a part of WDW at home.

scootch713
03-25-2009, 07:49 PM
oohhh.. where do i line up ?!?! :)

tinksmom02
03-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I read on a gaming site that the tentative release date is November 1, so we've all got some time before we have to line up or scramble to pre-order. :mickey:

BriarRose
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
I read that the game will come with 3D glasses. I wonder if you will be given a choice to play in 3D or not. Otherwise if anyone is watching you play it might not be too fun for them.

Polynesian Dweller
03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
I read that the game will come with 3D glasses. I wonder if you will be given a choice to play in 3D or not. Otherwise if anyone is watching you play it might not be too fun for them.

On the Wii sites its reported that Disney Interactive has not decided on packaging issues including whether they will include the glasses. At the moment, it appears that it is some bonus unlockables that are in 3D. However, none of the details have been decided by Disney at this point.

LarryBoy
03-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Would this be the first 3D home video game?

caryrae
03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Would this be the first 3D home video game?

I used to have a "Virtual Boy" which was from Nintendo where the games where in 3D. It was cool at first but the games were all red and you had to hold your face up to the night vision goggle like system to play.

DawsonAR
03-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I can't wait. This will be awesome!

Aurora
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Now don't get me wrong here I think this an awesome idea and might influence into buying a Wii but in a sense doesn't it water down the ride experience a little? It also kind of backs up some of the critcism the ride received as being more of video game than a ride.

I actually think the opposite. I don't know about other people but if it's done well this will make my kids want to ride the ride MORE. That's because if they like the Wii game, they'll feel like they're IN a video game when we visit the park.

Patricia
03-26-2009, 06:41 PM

Heh, I've been to Disneyland and Disney Studios, both this past year, and haven't been on this attraction yet.. but I do have a Wii system. So, this may be the closest I get to the real thing.

Not to mention, I have so many daycare kids (that have never been to a Disney Park) who will absolutely love it!

They'll sell Wii's, sell games, advertise Disney Park attractions. Sounds like a win, win, win situation.

NYdaily
03-27-2009, 10:42 AM
This is a very smart idea -- I'll bet a lot of Wii systems are sold because of this game. I just hope it will be fun to play.

LandFan
03-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Awesome!! I can't wait!! We've been lucky this year and ridden it in CA and FL quite a few times and LOVE it and we just happen to have a Wii...:D

Goofster
03-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Not fair! What about a version for the Xbox 360! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
03-27-2009, 09:18 PM
:thumbsup: Yeah!! We love the ride, but boy oh boy, after two times around it gets to your shoulder!! Now I can relax and enjoy it on my own time, too!! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Cool! :thumbsup:

jrkcr
03-29-2009, 01:24 PM
How convenient, DD9 birthday is in November. Now I know what to get her! :party:

DANAM
03-31-2009, 11:02 PM
I have been holding off on the wii because we are about to move and one less thing with all kinds of things to go with it the better. But now this will be one of our first buys. My DH will ide over this. He's the gamer. I'm the antigamer.

badkitty
04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Oh boy, oh boy! I want it now! Can't wait!

danicafan
04-06-2009, 02:05 PM
I am soo excited about this. All our family has been talking about since our trip in January was we wished Disney Marketing TSM as a Wii game!!

Villains0501
04-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I'd love Midway Mania on Wii, but it just won't have the magic that the ride has!

Mousemates
04-13-2009, 10:49 PM
sounds like fun