PDA

View Full Version : AKL with 4 kids instead of 3.

mommy22princesses
03-24-2009, 01:34 PM
I'll be quick....we made reservations for AKL with our 3 kids (8,6 &2) thinking that we'd leave our 9 mo. with someone at home. Well I don't want to leave him at home and want to take him....will we get in trouble if we don't add him to our reservation? I don't want to pay another $2000 to upgrade to the suite but I think it said that 5 was the limit in the savannah view-bunk bed room.

Thanks for your help :)

offwego
03-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Will your two year old be three prior to the trip? If not the 2 year old and your 9 month old don't count against the max occupancy.

But you may have some space issues that I'm sure you've thought about given sleeping arrangements etc.

Mickey'sGirl
03-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I would call AKL to find out the policy. I believe you can only have up to one infant in the room with 4 others. I could be wrong. That's a lot of people in such a small space!

There are some 5 person rooms according to info central. It reads as follows:

Size of Rooms: Standard Rooms are on floors 1-4 and are 344 square feet, with the maximum occupancy of 4 people. Deluxe Rooms are on floors 5 and 6 and are 381 square feet,with the maximum occupancy of 5 persons.

Maybe this will help your situation?

mommy22princesses
03-24-2009, 02:07 PM
I told my husband that I think it will be tight in that room. Our girls still sleep together in their bunks at home so that would leave the bottom for our 2 year old and the pnp for baby. Husband wanted to stay at AKL so I can't wait to see his reaction when he realizes that I'm right :)

I will call AKL this week and see what the policy is.

Thanks!!

Tinkerfreak
03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
I would call AKL to find out the policy. I believe you can only have up to one infant in the room with 4 others. I could be wrong. That's a lot of people in such a small space!

There are some 5 person rooms according to info central. It reads as follows:

Size of Rooms: Standard Rooms are on floors 1-4 and are 344 square feet, with the maximum occupancy of 4 people. Deluxe Rooms are on floors 5 and 6 and are 381 square feet,with the maximum occupancy of 5 persons.

Maybe this will help your situation?

This information is old. They converted the deluxe rooms (what we always used to book) into DVC rooms. We really miss the deluxe rooms they were so nice. I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about them getting rid of them for DVC rooms so I won't get on my soapbox about it today.:blush:

TammiMcMan
03-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I'll be quick....we made reservations for AKL with our 3 kids (8,6 &2) thinking that we'd leave our 9 mo. with someone at home. Well I don't want to leave him at home and want to take him....will we get in trouble if we don't add him to our reservation?Everyone needs to be on the reservation, regardless of age.

I don't want to pay another $2000 to upgrade to the suite but I think it said that 5 was the limit in the savannah view-bunk bed room.You have other options, but unfortunately, if you bring the baby, an AKL standard room would not be one of them. The maximum room occupancy is 4 (4 + 1 under the age of 3). You already have one child under 3 listed. If you add the baby, they would be counted as part of the room occupancy, which at 5, would put you over the limit.

You could try to move to another deluxe which would allow 5 in a standard room (BC, YC, BWI, Poly, GF, CR). You could also look at POR, which has trundle bed rooms for 5, Fort Wilderness cabins which offer bunk beds or a family suite at the value resort.

mommy22princesses
05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
We contacted our TA and were able to reserve a 1 bedroom villa in the new Kidani villages. We paid more but I feel much better about this not to mention we have a kitchen and washer/dryer, both of which will be great with the younger kids. And we get to stay in the new kidani part. We didn't want to pay any more for the savannah view so I'm hoping for a decent view of something other than the parking lot but we'll be in Disney so its okay.

Anyhow, this was supposed to be a thank you post for all the tips and help~!!

so THANK YOU!! :cloud9: