PDA

View Full Version : TRex taking ressies for September!

tinksmom02
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Thought I'd pass along the info, just got off the phone after making a lunch ressie for Sept. She said they were pretty open as far as ressies went.

Here's a heads-up, too, for anyone who belongs to Rainforest Cafe's Safari Club...she said they didn't accept it for priority seating, but it would be accepted for either the Chef's appetizer (free, I think) OR the 10% discount.

:)

MindyMouse76
03-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I am confused!
I thought you could only make reservations 90 days out. We are going in September also. We are actually looking for a place in DTD for the first night. I can't decide between T-Rex, Wolfgang Puck and Planet HOllywood. What would you recommend. If is my Husband, Me and my Daughter - 4. We really enjoy good old American Food - no seafood.... Do you think my Daughter would like the atmosphere of T-Rex?

Also - we will most likely be doing the Dining Plan .... is T-Rex part of that??

Thanks!!!

antnyh
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
We were told that T-rex is not part of the dining plan and it is walk up only, no ressies. We were going to DTD for our first night as well and that kind of put a damper on things. I don't think the wait for T-rex is that bad, but you just never know ya know?

MindyMouse76
03-24-2009, 02:47 PM
What about Planet Hollywood? I was thinking of going there the first night..... I don't hear many people talk about it. Is it worth it or try somewhere else down there like Wolfgang Puck?

Mindy

JCDarzi
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi,
We just got back from Disney and ate at TRex for the first time. I though I would pass along what we found on our visit to TRex. Our party consisted of me, DH, DD5 & DS3. I thought this would be a slam dunk but we would give it mixed reviews.

1) We enjoyed the food. We thought it was better than Rainforest.
2) The theme is wonderful. The scenery was great.
3) The sand pit with fossils for the kids to play in was great. It was our kids favorite part of the evening. We had trouble getting them out of there.
4) Negatives - Extremely loud. My daughter really didn't like the noise. Planet Hollywood was loud too the last time we went. I think TRex was worst. I had to shout to get my husband to hear me across the table.
5) Negative-We had called a month a head and gotten ressies only to find that we were seated at the same time as people walking up. The restaurant was crowded and DTD was very crowded. We didn't think our ressies had any value. We waited in a long line to check in and then they just put us in the same queue as the others without ressies.

I think out of the three restaurants you listed, I would still choose TRex but I would caution that if your DD gets a little overwhelmed by too much noise and visual effects (like mine), she may find it a little too much.

Hope this helps.

tinksmom02
03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I am confused!
I thought you could only make reservations 90 days out. We are going in September also. We are actually looking for a place in DTD for the first night. I can't decide between T-Rex, Wolfgang Puck and Planet HOllywood. What would you recommend. If is my Husband, Me and my Daughter - 4. We really enjoy good old American Food - no seafood.... Do you think my Daughter would like the atmosphere of T-Rex?

Also - we will most likely be doing the Dining Plan .... is T-Rex part of that??

Thanks!!!

I called T-Rex directly to make the reservation, not WDW-DINE. And it's not part of the DDP...we'll be paying out-of-pocket. You can check out their menu (Google T-rex and you should find it) to see if there's anything that interests you.

My daughter likes RFC, so I think she'll like T-Rex as well. We'll see!

tinksmom02
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi,
We just got back from Disney and ate at TRex for the first time. I though I would pass along what we found on our visit to TRex. Our party consisted of me, DH, DD5 & DS3. I thought this would be a slam dunk but we would give it mixed reviews.

1) We enjoyed the food. We thought it was better than Rainforest.
2) The theme is wonderful. The scenery was great.
3) The sand pit with fossils for the kids to play in was great. It was our kids favorite part of the evening. We had trouble getting them out of there.
4) Negatives - Extremely loud. My daughter really didn't like the noise. Planet Hollywood was loud too the last time we went. I think TRex was worst. I had to shout to get my husband to hear me across the table.
5) Negative-We had called a month a head and gotten ressies only to find that we were seated at the same time as people walking up. The restaurant was crowded and DTD was very crowded. We didn't think our ressies had any value. We waited in a long line to check in and then they just put us in the same queue as the others without ressies.

I think out of the three restaurants you listed, I would still choose TRex but I would caution that if your DD gets a little overwhelmed by too much noise and visual effects (like mine), she may find it a little too much.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input! We've got a noon ressie on a weekday, so hopefully the lines won't be too bad.

laward32
03-28-2009, 06:50 PM
They take them 180 days out. I called yesterday for our Sept trip. We are going 19-26. I was able to just about take my pick. You have to call them directly and they do not honor Disney's 180+10 if you are staying on property. I have had conflicting info on the DP. I have heard they don't take it at all and I have heard they only take the deluxe and premium.

LudwigVonDrake
03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
I have to call them this week to set up my reservation for July :eat:

motherof4
03-30-2009, 09:08 AM
we also would like to try t rex in aug I know it is not part of the dining plan and I also heard you were better off making reservations I wonder which one is correct

Chandlerella
03-31-2009, 09:34 PM
When I made my reservations with WDW they gave me the number to call to make reservations there. I got exactly what I asked for, so it didn't seem like too many people knew about it. However, they did not give me a confirmation number, and simply took my last name. Kinda made me worried.

MirandaC
04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE=tinksmom02;1855861]I called T-Rex directly to make the reservation, not WDW-DINE. And it's not part of the DDP...we'll be paying out-of-pocket. You can check out their menu (Google T-rex and you should find it) to see if there's anything that interests you.

I just looked up the T-Rex site and noticed that it is not open on Sunday at DTD site. is this right?

DisneyWFan
04-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Most of the restaurants at DTD are 3rd party and not subject to the 90 day Disney ADR rule. That rule pertains to Disney owned/operated restaurants, 3rd party restaurants can make their own decisions on reservations

rubato
04-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Just thought I'd give my opinion on T-rex if anyone's interested. We have one here in Kansas City and we've eaten there 2 times. It is VERY loud. Rainforest does not compare at all in the volume level. It is fun and the fossil dig is good for little ones. Just keep your kids out of the gift shop!!!!;)

I do not like their food. It is just more of the same in my opinion. Probably won't go there again, but I would go to Rainforest again.