PDA

View Full Version : golfers what to do??

ryobi88
03-24-2009, 11:56 AM
i `am going to have appox 4 hrs to myself [wife is swimming with dolphins] i want to golf durning this time but it will be just me i`am not a bad golfer shoot high 80`s.. should i do it or not? I`am afraid i will be paired with golfers that shoot like in the 70`s i wont slow them down much should i go ahead and do this ..want to play magnolia course :confused:

joonyer
03-24-2009, 12:07 PM
:golf: Call the pro-shop and talk to hem about tee times and pairing you with other golfers. I'm sure they will do their best not to let you get stuck playing with Tiger and holding him up! :tigger:

TheRustyScupper
03-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Trust me, you will be better than most at WDW.

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2009, 12:49 PM
There's a common misconception that there is a huge pool of scratch golfers out there; everyone lives in fear that s/he will be paired up with these people and will be stressed out during their round because they've slowed down these "wannabe" pros. ;)

Truth is, the vast majority of golfers just ain't that good.

People - especially golfers and fishermen :secret: - have a propensity to embellish their abilities and scores.

Are there some good golfers? Yeah.
Are most of them duffers? Yeah.

You shoot in the 80's, and presumably you have a decent knowledge of golf etiquette. Take my word for it: No matter who you are paired up with, you will be fine!!!

If the pairings are such that you are with scratch golfers, they should be well aware of how to handle themselves. If you're with a weekend warrior, you may find yourself slowed down.

Disney is a resort - thus you will get all types playing golf there.

And hey, you may get lucky - last time, my father and I played, we were sent out as a two-some, two days in a row.

Good luck! Hit 'em straight, and hit 'em long. Oh, and by the way, Disney greens are usually fast - real fast. Watch those putts. ;)
:golf:

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
A simple and accurate sentence stating succinctly what took me several paragraphs!

ryobi88
03-24-2009, 04:28 PM
well thank you all for your replies i booked a tee time for that day:cloud9:has anyone played the magnolia course i would love to know:joy::joy:

murphy1
03-24-2009, 04:35 PM

True!! Trust me, I grew up down there and played some golf (I even dated a dentist and we hit the course every Weds and he shot in the 70's). Most people are on vacation and just want to get out, drink beer and hit a few. I need to get back out on the course in a couple weeks here myself! I drove the cart around Magnolia if that counts LOL

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2009, 06:17 PM
well thank you all for your replies i booked a tee time for that day:cloud9:has anyone played the magnolia course i would love to know:joy::joy:
I've played Magnolia several times. Nice course - although not my favorite in WDW. Usually kept in excellent shape. Greens are firm. Watch for gators (yes, I'm serious). They do not bother you, but in many cases, they will be *out* somewhere on the course.

It's got the famous hole, #6 I believe, par 3 with the not-so-hidden Mickey bunker.

Any specific questions about the course/pro-shop, etc. let me know.

ryobi88
03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
gators believe it or not i`am use to playing with them gators i visit the in-laws in Hilton head every summer and they live there on the courses too[gators that is lol] thanks for the course conditions maleficent`s dad:thumbsup:

Tez
03-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Have a great time golfing! We golfed Lake Buena Vista and had a blast. No gators but saw a snake when trying to retrieve a ball!

All sorts of golfers out there and I am sure the pro shop will get you matched up with a good group! Make sure to get asome exta tees from the course...they are great!

ryobi88
03-28-2009, 07:22 PM
thanks tez i cant wait now that i`ve made the tee time may the weather be with me .cant wait to see these golf tee`s :cool: