PDA

View Full Version : January 2010, to early to plan?

Zeike
03-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi folks, we are hoping to get back to WDW January 2010. Me and DW, a by then 8 year old and a pair of twins by then 2 years and 10 months. We hope some good offer gets out by that time.

I guess our questions would be many, like when would be good to start planning?, which resort would better fit a big family (were thinking on the Music Family Suites)? does the Disney Marathon weekend brings much crowds? should we skip to the week after the marathon? we just need a break, and of course are thinking DISNEY!!!!

Thanks for your time and any advice. Last time we were there was in may 08 at the All Sports. Have a good one!!

Ed!

faline
03-24-2009, 10:12 AM
I've not stayed in the suite but, no, it's not too early to start planning.

Other than traffic congestion on the day of the race, there generally is little impact on park attendance when then marathon in run.

You may want to place a post in the Accommodations forum for suggestions on the best place to stay. I don't have any experience with the suites you refer to.

Zeike
03-24-2009, 10:38 AM
So other than the date of the race, crowds are ok those days?

faline
03-24-2009, 11:43 AM
January once the Christmas crowds leave shortly after New Year's, usually features low crowd levels with a slight spike up over Martin Luther KIng weekend.

beksy
03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
I've been planning our December/January 2010 trip since August when I booked our room! :blush: I may have started a little early but for me planning is a big part of the fun. We're going the last three days of December and the first nine of January. My hopes are that we will get to experience the Christmas decorations/parades/etc. and New Years and then have our "regular" vacation doing more rides and our normal park activities in January as the crowds thin out (hopefully they won't decide to hang around too long!). I know the first part will be crowded but with school that's the only time we can enjoy the holidays at Disney (which Mom and I especially love). Then maybe the crowds will go down to a more manageable level. Either way we're at Disney! There's only two or three of us when we are going to Disney and staying on property so I can't help much with the resorts, but checking out the Intercot Info and the Resorts discussion sections should give you some good ideas. :mickey:

playdead88
03-25-2009, 05:59 AM
its never too early to plan! :mickey:

wolfhog
03-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Have visited during the marathon a couple of times and found the crowds very manageable.
Stayed at the AS suites this past January and would recommend for family - separate bedroom, plus sleeper couch, sleeper chair & sleeper ottoman in main room. 2 bathrooms & mini kitchen (dorm refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker). They are a little more money & am not sure any discounts apply to these rooms.
Oh! it's never too early to start planning in my book.

ibrowse17
03-25-2009, 11:17 AM
It is never too early to start planning. I have begun to start my plans for our return to the World in Dec of 2010, which can not get here soon enough:thumbsup:

sisterslovindisney
03-25-2009, 02:52 PM
We are going the same time as you. I suggest you get in touch with Magical Journeys. They are awesome. We are currently booked at CSR but plan to switch to the Poly if any room deals come out. We have been twice during the Marathon (stayed at Poly) and the crowds are not at all bad. We have had very little wait time for rides, mostly walk-ons! Where you stay depends on how much you are willing to spend, how much time you spend at the resort, and personal themeing preference. Have a great time and maybe we'll see you there!!

Zeike
03-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Certainly we have oficially started planning, our only worry was the Marathon weekend and the crowds. We have been there later in January and we love the low crowds, and with 3 kids is better.

As of now, we are considering the AS Suites or Port Orleans which can accomodate 2 adults, a 7 year old plus twins (2 years). Thanks for all your advice, maybe we can see some there at January.

Ed!

KayDee
03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
The only bad point to a marathon that I have encountered is that Disney had to reroute our bus to MK from POR and boy oh boy that added on time to the trip.

DreamFinder2
03-25-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm down to 268 days until our return to WDW, and I've been planning for months!!!

You're right...it's part of (if not MOST of) the fun. And, of course, INTERCOT is a daily stop on my web surfing now!

:thumbsup: