PDA

View Full Version : POR: Rhyme or Reason to Mansions or AB?

Toad_Passenger
03-24-2009, 09:47 AM
We're heading down to POR in May and I'm just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to where they put people.

The last time I was there we had 4 people and were in the mansions. This time around we're going to be a group of 7, but split 3-2-2 into 3 rooms (2 connecting). Does this sound like a group they would put into AB or the mansions?

MNNHFLTX
03-24-2009, 10:29 AM
I can't see that there would be any reason that they would assign a group of your size (in three rooms) to a specific part of the resort. Since you don't need the trundle bed rooms at Alligator Bayou, I think it's just as likely that you could be assigned to the Mansion section. If you have a preference for one or the other, make sure and have the request listed with your reservation.

#1donaldfan
03-25-2009, 12:19 PM
....where do you want to stay.....it's not too late to call in a request ... not to the actual resort, but to your respective travel agent....that way your ressies can be noted, and you'll be somewhat more assured of getting what you want....:mickey:

KayDee
03-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes make a request. I have stayed there 3 times and have always had room requests honoured. Last time there was 6 of us staying in 2 rooms.We requested the mansion section and to have the rooms next to each other and on the bottom floor. We got everything a great room location ,side by side and bottom floor I would have even said we got prefered or near enough.
Also heres my 2cents . I believe more people make requests for the AB section so it is easier to get what you want at the mansions.

mom2morgan
03-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I've stayed there twice and NOT had my request honoured either time. The first time I wanted a trundle bed for my daughter (but there were only 4 of us in the room) and asked for AB - they put us in the mansions. That turned out okay because he loved, loved, LOVED the mansions - so this time we asked for them. Repeatedly. They put us in AB. And were rather rude and snarky when I asked if there was anyway it could be the mansions instead (I asked nicley, I promise! The response was bordering on rude. "no. you don't get to pick. Here's your key".). Honestly, we were so disappointed and disliked that area so intensely that we will never go back to POR. So my cynical theory is to ask for the one you don't want.