PDA

View Full Version : Last minute questions for parents of young ones

Figment78
03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
OMG, I usually plan SO far in advance, but we are taking this one last minute. And it's our first with our little guy (only 1 year old!). I've done tons of research on trips for his age, but forgot to look up two questions....

1. We don't plan on seeing any of the afternoon parade/shows b/c I want to go back for naps but just in case we do find ourselves in the parks, any recommendations of good out-of-the-way viewing locations. I don't plan on setting up a half hour ahead of time to sit and wait, so I'm looking more for someplace that might not be the best spot, but would have easy access if he got fussy and we wanted to leave the area or someplace that the parade just passes by that he could see if DH picked him up while we are on our way to something else?

2. Leaving during a show - if DS gets overly fussy, I would rather leave a show than subject others to his crying. Can you get up and leave during Nemo (the musical), Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Philharmagic, and Turtle Talk?

3. In-park nap ideas. DS will nap in his stroller if relaxed. I don't think we will have issues in Epcot b/c the area music is soothing and it's a "quieter" park. I know about the baby centers, but I was wondering if anyone had other ideas about nap places. For example, someone suggested the Main Street Cinema or the WS films (not in stroller).

buzznwoodysmom
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
For the shows it'll probably be best if you can find a seat to the back of the theater or at the very least at the end of an isle. Try to get at the end of an isle closest to the exit so that you don't have to walk across other's view to get out. I am sure just about all the shows have a way to get out during the show.

Another suggestion for a nap, although not in a stroller, is the TTA. If it will be open during your stay it is a great way to get out of the heat and relax. In all our trips to WDW we've never been told we had to get off if we asked if we could stay on for another round. I don't think they'd "kick" you off with a sleeping baby.

Thank you so much for being one of those parents who actually cares about the people around them. We always removed our children from an area if they got fussy or cried. They didn't do it often, but the few times they did there was no way I was going to make other people listen to it as well. So many parents couldn't care less these days. Also I hope you have an amazing trip. Some of my fondest memories are of vacations when my kids were very young. They don't remember any of it, but I'll never forget it. Have fun.

Strmchsr
03-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I hope you have a wonderful time!

As for the parades...generally Frontierland is a little less crowded to watch the parade than Main Street. At AK Asia is less crowded. I don't think it's a big deal at DHS.

You can leave any of those shows if necessary with a crying baby, though it's a little more difficult to do so with Turtle Talk. The key is to sit on the exit side of the building. Just go all of the way down to the end of the aisle on to the exit side and it's pretty easy to slip right out if the little guy needs a break.

As you mentioned, the TTA is a great place for naps, as is COP. In Epcot, SE can be great for a 15 min quickie nap. Not really any place good in AK. Our favorite nap spot in DHS is the little coffee shop beside Brown Derby. It's generally pretty quiet and shady.