PDA

View Full Version : CRT Breakfast

GoofyMom09
03-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm wondering how many little girls at CRT wear princess costumes. Will my daughter stand out if she doesn't wear one? I was thinking about dressing her up, but I keep going back and forth about it because she is only 3 and she would be uncomfortable wearing a costume all day. So I could change her clothes after the meal, but then we are lugging a costume around the park. What does everybody think? If she would be one of the only kids without the costume, I will definitely get her one.

AwPhooey
03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
When my family ate breakfast at CRT last fall, there were a number of girls dressed up but it definitely was not every girl.

Unless things have changed in the past few months, your daughter will not stand out if she's not dressed as a princess.

Have fun! :mickey:

deedeenmickey
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
While your daughter will not "stand out" if she is not wearing one there is a very limited time that you can enjoy this age. I am a very practical person and my daughter didn't do the costumes and now she is 14 and I really wish we had. Think about it. A lot of children wear the costumes all day and if not - if you have stroller you can put the costume on it somehow...Just another perspective.

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
she is only 3 and she would be uncomfortable wearing a costume all day. So I could change her clothes after the meal, but then we are lugging a costume around the park.

My daughter dressed up once for the Cinderella meal at the Grand Floridian, but never for the princess meals inside the parks. I also did not want to lug around a costume all day long.

As it turns out, I felt like more kids DO NOT dress up than DO. You could always find a compromise with a princess t-shirt or a tiara. That way, she is "in the spirit" of things without being too over-the-top. :princess:

scootch713
03-23-2009, 05:41 PM
My dd's have been to WDW 5 times and many princess meals, but only dressed up this last time. She will be fine not dressed.

princessesmom
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
My youngest dear daughter, who was not quite 5 at the time, was there last month. She doesn't really like the dress-up dresses too much, because they are not comfortable. I put her in a cinderella t-shirt we have and she was very happy. Your daughter will not stand out without a costume.

PrettyMinnie
03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
I guess she is a bit young for this, but you could see what she wants to do. If not I would say save the dress up for another time.

Nini5055
03-24-2009, 09:11 AM
OMG...I must be "that crazy disney mom" because when I took my dd for her first visit to WDW she was 5. She wore a princess dress to every single dinner (all dinners were character meals that trip)!!!! She LOVED :cloud9: dressing like a princess.

FYI...I would let your dd wear shorts & tank top and just pop the dress on before the meal and then off again. They really do squish down and fit in strollers or backpacks and weigh practically nothing! :thumbsup: There are also lockers at each park should you want to stash it...but I never found it necessary.

We have pics of her in Cinderella's dress with Cinderella (priceless) and with Prince Charming (adorable), in Princess Aurora's dress (she nearly tipped a table over to get to PA!!! ROFL), in Snow White's dress for MSNSHP (sooooo cute!). Last year she did BBB and I bought her the Jasmine costume which was not too hot to wear...this year (7 yrs old) she wants a Ariel's dress...or rather fishtail...and Belle's dress. {{{sigh}}} I figure we can only go this way for so long. Pretty soon she will not want to dress up so I will take full advantage now!!! :secret:

Enjoy your trip!:mickey:

Belster
03-24-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree with a pp that this age only last for a VERY short amount of time. In fact now a days it ends almost as soon as it begins. I wish that I would have done this with my daughter who is now 11 and would never even think of it.

I will say that I always bought very cute dresses for my daughter from the Disney Store to wear while we were there but no princess, in fact I never thought of it.

I would go for it!!!!:mickey:

kathiep
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't think the majority of girls dress up for the meals. I was worried about this last year as well but DD didn't even notice. She was too excited to simply see the princesses; she could not have cared less what she was wearing. The added bonus was that she was comfortable and we didn't have to haul the dress around for the rest of the day.

Honestly, I was also worried that once I put her in it, I wouldn't be able to convince her to remove it until she was unbearably hot!

DisneyBabies
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM
We were just there a few weeks ago, and I'd say no more than 1/2 of the little girls there had dresses on.

But I do agree with the pp's. If she wants to wear a dress, let her and there is a bathroom you can change her in afterward; or put the dress on over a pair of shorts and a tank top. The dresses really do smoosh up well when you have to bundle them away, so I would just stuff it in the stroller basket or rent a locker for a day. And she may surprise you and want to wear it all day (my 3 year old would if I'd let her!).

No matter what, enjoy the princesses!

murphy1
03-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I usually bring a gallon size Ziploc bag and find that I can get the costume stuffed into it if we do the change thing. Either way, your daughter will be in place. I have three girls and we have done dress up or let them wear a Princess t-shirt. She will be so busily engaged with the princesses, it won't matter! If your dh is with you, I'm sure he will enjoy being called "My Lord" the whole time, too.