PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Had A Cruise Ruined?

DisneyFr33k
03-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Bouncing off another post about bad trips to the World, did any of you have something happen that ruined your cruise?

Mine - I developed a bad head cold 3 days into our 7 day and lost all my sense of taste for the remainder of the cruise. At dinner when asked how the food tasted, it was cruel... I wanted to taste it, but couldn't!

csdavis
03-23-2009, 10:48 AM
We went on one in Nov. and went to bed the first night with a beautiful sunset and calm seas. When we woke up it was cloudy with gale force winds and 12-15 foot seas and stayed that way for the rest of the trip. We didn't see the sun until we were back at port the last morning. :sick:

DisneyFr33k
03-23-2009, 04:26 PM
We went on one in Nov. and went to bed the first night with a beautiful sunset and calm seas. When we woke up it was cloudy with gale force winds and 12-15 foot seas and stayed that way for the rest of the trip. We didn't see the sun until we were back at port the last morning. :sick:

Makes me nauseous just reading about it... how long was your cruise and where were you heading? Did the crew do anything extra to make amends?

csdavis
03-24-2009, 08:41 AM
It was 5 nights. There was nothing they could do. They did get us into Grand Cayman by ferrying us in. The water was too rough on the port side so they had to take us to the opposite side of the island. The captain was apologetic but he can't control the weather!

JMTStone
03-24-2009, 04:09 PM
I was stuck on a cruise (Princess) with my husband's entire family. His Mom doesn't really like me. His father is touchy-feely and I'm NOT. Dinner was at 6 PM each night with EVERYONE including a 3 year old who didn't want to sit through a 6 course meal. By the time dinner was over, the entertainment was 1/2 done.

I promised myself a Disney Cruise 2 days in and I'm going to get it in less that 2 months!!!!

ElenitaB
03-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I was not feeling well at all our last cruise, but even laying down in our cabin was such a nice change from being sick at home staring at the same four walls. Looking out the porthole at the lovely Caribbean seas was a treat, whether I wasn't feeling 100% or not. :cloud9:

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
This is not my story, but it happened to some good friends of ours: They were flying down for their 2nd Disney Cruise, with 2 kids about 9 and 10 years old. Their flight was the morning of the cruise, and they planned to head straight to the boat.

There was a bad snowstorm in the Northeast, which cancelled flights all over the US.
Needless to say, their flight was cancelled, and they couldn't get another one in time to meet the boat. Imagine standing in the airport and telling your kids that "we're not going on that cruise after all." The poor kids were absolutely hystercial . . . .I think I would be too!! :sob:

Tink1
03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
I was not feeling well at all our last cruise, but even laying down in our cabin was such a nice change from being sick at home staring at the same four walls. Looking out the porthole at the lovely Caribbean seas was a treat, whether I wasn't feeling 100% or not. :cloud9:

Ditto!

Nanc

kms1066heb
04-10-2009, 04:32 PM
My first cruise, on another line, was in November 1997 in the Western Caribbean. I was so excited to visit the Mayan ruins at Cozumel. That Saturday morning while boarding the ship, a little storm called Hurricane Mitch took up residence in the Western Caribbean. My cruise was re-routed to the Eastern Caribbean! I was not a happy camper! I wasn't interested in the Ports of Call for the Eastern Caribbean and spent most of the time on the ship.

Lesson to all, be very very careful booking a cruise during Hurricane Season!

My next cruise is with Disney for December 12 to the Western Caribbean. Mayan ruins, here I come! :mickey:

dmosher
04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Back in 99' I think, our boat (Disney Magic) was in port at Castaway Quay and they rand a bell advising us that we would be leaving early. The horizon was black and every one knew what it meant. HURRICANE. That night was a rough one. Dinner was not pleasant and the boat was going full speed and you could feel it moving side to side, up and down the waves. Not cool. We made it and after a few hours of this, the sea settled, but it was a very very long night.
:pipes:
D