PDA

View Full Version : DVC dining dilemma

missalabama
03-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Here is the dilemma. I am staying at the boardwalk for 5 nights in june. this morning was my 90 days to call and make dining ressies.

the problem is that when I booked the nights I was on a waitlist for part of the trip and all of that came through. However I have 3 different reservation numbers but they are all linked together.

so when I called to make dining ressies this morning the system would only let the CM make the first night's ressies ....she said I would have to call tomorrow and make 2 more nights and then 2 days after that for the other 2. If this is the case then I am no better off than the people staying off property. I thought it was 90+10 for on property....if my reservation is all linked together then what is the big deal?

JPL
03-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Welcome to world of Disney's outdated reservation system. I had similar problems last January and this past June whne I moved resorts. Each time you move resorts it is a seperate reservation and even though they are linked in one system the other systems see them as 3 seperate reservations numbers. This causes a multitude of problems along the way :rolleyes:

pluto 77
03-23-2009, 03:06 PM
So is it still 90+10 for reservations?

Zone Stop
03-23-2009, 11:54 PM
As long as you're not mixing points and cash nights, I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to cancel/rebook into one solitary reservation for your entire LOS, therefore letting you make all of your dining reservations.

missalabama
03-24-2009, 09:19 AM
I called back yesterday to ask more about why I couldn't just have one reservation number. The nice CM put me on hold to find out and came back and said that because parts of my reservation were done through a waitlist there was nothing they could do. I actually have 4 different reservation numbers for my trip. She said that I will only have to check in once but my dining will have to be made seperately because of the new system. So today I get to call for june 22-24.

JPL
03-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Seriously I would write a letter to member satisfaction and complaim this unacceptable and I would tell them what if any restaurants you were unable to book because of their system and it's bugs and ask them to get you in and don't let them tell you they can't. It's important we let them know how we feel.

missalabama
03-24-2009, 01:44 PM
thanks Jeff......I am going to do that.

Woozle
03-24-2009, 07:41 PM
That is horrible about the ressies. Are you calling the normal DD number or the member services number to make your ressies? If you aren't calling DVC MS I would call them. I did all our dining through them and they were great.
Good Luck!!!

missalabama
03-25-2009, 09:14 AM
I was calling MS to make the ressies.

I have good news! Yesterday I called just to check on some ressies and the MS agent kept having trouble with my dining plan on all the different reservation numbers so she put me on hold. I was on hold about 20 minutes and she came back and said that she was working on it with a manager if I could hold a little longer. I said no problem. After about 10 more minutes she came back and I now have only one reservation and one reservation number for my whole stay.....WOOHOO! I was also able to make all my dining ressies for the whole trip. :cloud9:

7swans
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Glad they were able to fix you up, I think as they become more comfortable with the new system, service will improve.

Can you imagine training that many people on new software!

NewDVCowner
03-27-2009, 03:17 PM
So is it still 90+10 for reservations?

Okay, I'm confused here. I'm a new member, I haven't yet booked my first trip yet, but for dining reservations does this mean that as a DVC member I can make reservations 100 days before the trip rather than 90? I hadn't heard that before.

Thanks for your help!

wendy*darling
03-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Okay, I'm confused here. I'm a new member, I haven't yet booked my first trip yet, but for dining reservations does this mean that as a DVC member I can make reservations 100 days before the trip rather than 90? I hadn't heard that before.

Thanks for your help!

No- the rules are the same as for anyone else.
If you are staying in a Disney Resort (DVC or not) you can make your dining ADRs at 90 days out from your arrival date. And on that same date you can make ADRs for up to 10 days of vacation. That's the 90 +10.

For people who are staying off site- they have to wait until 90 days out from each dining date - potentially calling every day for as many days of their vacation.

j&j
03-28-2009, 01:30 PM
disney will only let you make a ps 90 days out not the first day but each day that will make it 90 days. we know had this problem also pain.:mickey::mickey:

NewDVCowner
03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
No- the rules are the same as for anyone else.
If you are staying in a Disney Resort (DVC or not) you can make your dining ADRs at 90 days out from your arrival date. And on that same date you can make ADRs for up to 10 days of vacation. That's the 90 +10.

For people who are staying off site- they have to wait until 90 days out from each dining date - potentially calling every day for as many days of their vacation.

Thank you very much!