PDA

View Full Version : The Donald/Apprentice

missymouseworld
03-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Anyone watching the new season and have any predictions on who the new "Apprentice" will be?

I like seeing the celebrities and the whole idea that they are working for their charities, however, I don't think the show is as good as it use to be when the non-celebrity "working" class was casted instead.

VWL Mom
03-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Anyone watching the new season and have any predictions on who the new "Apprentice" will be?

I like seeing the celebrities and the whole idea that they are working for their charities, however, I don't think the show is as good as it use to be when the non-celebrity "working" class was casted instead.

I agree. I watched the first episode and stopped. IMO it is just too scripted with the celebs. I liked it much better when they were working to land an actual job.

SBETigg
03-23-2009, 08:09 AM
I've been watching. I was done with it when it was regular people. I enjoy the celebrity version more, but I can't imagine it can continue much longer either way. I think Jesse James will win it. He has been an asset to his team, even though his team kept losing. He's quietly in the background for now. I think the women's team will start taking some losses now.

JanetMegan
03-23-2009, 09:19 AM
I actually have not watched last night's yet but have been enjoying it so far. I do like it more than the old Apprentice, I like the idea of the money going to charity and stuff...I agree that Jesse James seems like a quiet strong player. I was surprised at how annoying Annie Duke is, I like her a lot as a poker player.

vicster
03-23-2009, 09:51 AM
What on earth is Dennis Rodman still doing there? He's a waste of time. I can't decide if his behavior is for ratings or if he's just being his typical self. Annie Duke and Melissa and Joan Rivers are all annoying.

TheDuckRocks
03-23-2009, 10:19 AM
This season has been an eye opener!
I always knew Dennis Rodman was "different" and it never much brothered me, but his behavior that we are seeing is totally beyond what the others should have to put up with. I can't help but think that The Donald is only leaving him in for the ratings.
The Rivers women are sooooooooo rude and pushy. And why in the world is Melissa using so much Botox as young as she is? Sad and it doesn't even look good. And I'm one that doesn't feel at all that a "little work", if you can afford it, is an evil.

murphy1
03-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I can't stand either of those Rivers women, annoying!!

missymouseworld
03-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I also think Jesse James may be the one to win..... The Dennis Rodman thing is definitely for ratings....If you watched last week The Donald got rid of Tom Green and Rodman should have went then. And the week before, Rodman didn't do anything either when he fired Scott Hamilton. Gotta keep people watching.

The River's women...is Joan trying to look like her daughter or is her daughter trying to look like her mother? Hard to tell.

disneycutie165
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I personally don't like Denis Rodman. I kinda have a thing for Tom Green though. He just got fired last night but that was only because he was the project manager and overslept. My faves are Khloe Kardashian, Melissa Rivers and Clint Black. Dennis got right up in his face and he didn't move a muscle! That poker woman is a brat! I think this season is unpredictable.

SBETigg
03-23-2009, 05:08 PM
I personally don't like Denis Rodman. I kinda have a thing for Tom Green though. He just got fired last night but that was only because he was the project manager and overslept. My faves are Khloe Kardashian, Melissa Rivers and Clint Black. Dennis got right up in his face and he didn't move a muscle! That poker woman is a brat! I think this season is unpredictable.

Only because? I agree that Rodman has to go, but oversleeping is unacceptable in the business world. You can't just say "oops, I overslept," if you miss a big meeting or get behind on real work. Not to mention it was also because he couldn't control Rodman and let him have a pass on showing up to help out. Tom was the project manager, and he failed to even manage himself. It was good reason to be fired, even if you're a fan of Tom Green and would cut him some slack.

missymouseworld
03-24-2009, 06:57 AM
After Sunday's new episode, and Claudia is gone, the previews for next week are showing an "intervention" for Rodman and his problem drinking. He is definitely on the show for the publicity....I don't think there is any other reason for him to be there????

SBETigg
03-24-2009, 07:21 AM
After Sunday's new episode, and Claudia is gone, the previews for next week are showing an "intervention" for Rodman and his problem drinking. He is definitely on the show for the publicity....I don't think there is any other reason for him to be there????

There's really no other reason for any of them to be there. Sure, the charity money's nice but I don't think any of them have purely unselfish motives. It's good promotion for them all. When they sign on people like Rodman, Tom Green, Joan Rivers, Andrew Dice Clay, they know what they're getting.

missymouseworld
03-25-2009, 06:52 AM
The entertainment aspect is the reason they are all there, and the fact that we all watch it. However, I think that the show is not suited for his type of personality...it is about working as a team on a common goal and not being an individual. He is a basketball player, so he should be able to work together with others, but I think if it isn't something he is interested in or likes, he just blows it off. I am just curious to see how long Trump is going to keep him there considering he got rid of Andrew Dice Clay for the same reason.

missymouseworld
03-30-2009, 05:19 PM
So sad, Denis has been fired. It looks like the previews for next week show the teams being mixed up, that should be interesting.

SBETigg
03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
So sad, Denis has been fired. It looks like the previews for next week show the teams being mixed up, that should be interesting.

I would like to see Melissa split from her mother.

missymouseworld
03-31-2009, 06:50 AM
Melissa being split from Joan would be good.

I must say, Joan Rivers is a pretty well-rounded, talented individual. I definitely see her in a new light since doing this show. I was always so use to seeing her on the red carpet and doing her comedy, etc. , but she really can work it. I hope she does well.

TheDuckRocks
03-31-2009, 10:16 AM
I am really becoming a Jesse James fan. The whole Dennis issue was so ugly and it was nice to see someone who was upset and knew exactly how a drinking problem could damage a persons life and had the guts to say so.:thumbsup:

mjaclyn
03-31-2009, 12:31 PM
I really like Jesse James - he's the same 'type' as Trace Adkins was last year. I can't STAND the celebs who refuse to do anything that seems 'beneath' them because they are who they are (like Dennis). I am SO happy he was fired!!! IMO it should have been three episodes ago. He hasn't done one productive thing since he's been on the show. I agree that Joan and Melissa should be split up - I wonder how that would go?? And although I think they are annoying at times, Joan has done a great job with the tasks overall and even though the poker player is loud and obnoxious she IS a good worker. I hope Jesse wins!

missymouseworld
05-07-2009, 06:59 AM
:number1: GOOD LUCK JOAN! :number1::thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-07-2009, 07:01 AM
I was so bummed that they fired Jesse James. I can see why, with the money angle, but to leave us to Annie and Joan? Ugh. There's no good guy to root for. You need a good guy. I know they went for the drama angle, but who likes Joan or Annie at this point? This is just bad TV. I don't even think I'll watch the finale.

ransam
05-14-2009, 01:11 PM
i will say i was a huge Joan Rivers fan. I saw her comedy act before...but after this show, i cna't stand her. I have no respect for her. she's loud, obnixious, cranky old lady....her daughter is even worse. At least Joan has done something, her daughter has done nothing.

vicster
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Melissa Rivers acted like a spoiled brat not getting her way! She needs to grow up. I can't see her in a corporate setting acting the way she does.