PDA

View Full Version : Booking Room And Dining

DisneyPrincess21
03-22-2009, 11:19 PM
I have a question that might seem obvious to other, but i need help.
On past trips to wdw we have only booked room only. But I am looking into the cost of purchasing a package. I don't need tickets because we already have them, But I am interested in getting a room and dinning plan. Is this possible? It seems like you can only purchase packages with room, dining and tickets. :confused:

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2009, 08:43 AM
In general, you can only book a dining plan if you also purchase at least a one day ticket for each member in the room. There are exceptions for annual pass holders (at least at times), and I think DVC owners.

Reesa Roo
03-23-2009, 11:28 AM
That same thing happened to us a few years ago. I had room only reservations and tickets already purchased and then the Free Dining Offer came out for our dates. We added one day tickets on for all of us, and were able to get the free dining for all for the entire trip. Free dining and we got an extra day in the parks. It was great!

DisneyPrincess21
03-23-2009, 12:10 PM
If I purchase the package with room, dining, and ticket, Can I purchase only a one day ticket for me and my mom, and purchase a 3 day ticket for my niece's? Or does everyone have to have the same ticket length? (we are all staying in the same room) :confused:

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2009, 12:13 PM
When booking the package, every has to have the same length ticket. Once you get there and get those tickets though, they can be upgraded independently (so, you can get everyone a one day pass and then upgrade just the passes for your nieces).

DisneyPrincess21
03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
When booking the package, every has to have the same length ticket. Once you get there and get those tickets though, they can be upgraded independently (so, you can get everyone a one day pass and then upgrade just the passes for your nieces).

Oh okay, So when I am purchasing my package I will just get a one day ticket for all of us, Then when we get to the ticket window upgrade the kids tickets to add 2 more days. Will the ticket cost be the same price as it would be if I purchased the ticket's by themselves?

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh okay, So when I am purchasing my package I will just get a one day ticket for all of us, Then when we get to the ticket window upgrade the kids tickets to add 2 more days. Will the ticket cost be the same price as it would be if I purchased the ticket's by themselves?

Yes, it will all work out to be the same price.

DisneyPrincess21
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Yes, it will all work out to be the same price.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Fangorn
03-23-2009, 11:06 PM
...Then when we get to the ticket window upgrade the kids tickets to add 2 more days. ...

But you don't have to go to a ticket window at one of the parks to upgrade the tickets. You can upgrade those tickets right at your hotel.

Steve