PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point?

SingingPixie
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
For our October trip, my boyfriend and I plan to do the QSDP (I think, may just pay for CS OOP too), and pay for 3 signature meals out of pocket. Two I'm pretty sure of as I loved them the last trip- California Grill and Jiko. The third will most likely be Artist Point. Anyone care to share any experiences?

c&d
03-23-2009, 09:38 AM
We eat there every trip down. It's one of our favorites.

I've had the scallops, DS has had the salmon and the beef. Everything was excellent. The desserts were also very good.

The service has always been exceptional. We've also done the pairings dinner, where they match your glass of wine with what you are eating. I can't remember how much it costs but I definitely recommend it.

We'll be down in ~35 days can't wait.

ibrowse17
03-23-2009, 11:33 AM
This is a must for us as well. The whole experience is just wonderful, and I highly suggest giving AP a try. The buffalo is fantastic:thumbsup:

pluto 77
03-23-2009, 03:17 PM
We went there for the first time on our last trip. I have to say that it immediately became a favorite of ours. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. We also found it very relaxing. We were off to the side by a window and it was very quiet.

DisneyGlutton
03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
As everyone said, Artist Point provides what you'd expect from a signature restaurant. The atmosphere is like a rustic lodge but on a grand scale.

They bring the salmon on a cedar plank and its very delicious I'm told. I myself got the buffalo, which reminded me of veal. It made the ADR list for my next trip.

DawsonAR
03-23-2009, 09:30 PM
We have eaten there several times and had a wonderful experience each time. We love the Buffalo. Our kids DD (9) and DS (7) even love this place.

jrkcr
03-24-2009, 10:08 AM
We had a wonderful meal here last November with our 3 DD's.:thumbsup:
DH really enjoyed the buffalo, and I loved the salmon, as did DD15. DD17 had the beef tenderloin, and I think that is what I'll order next time! DD9 had the pasta and cheese sauce, and loved painting the Mickey puzzle for dessert!!
I'm sure we'll be going to AP again!
Have a great trip!! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2009, 10:53 AM
After several wonderful experiences at Artist Point, we had a not-so-terrific meal there last August.

Server thought he was a gift to the world...
Salmon disappointed...

I was just hoping it was an "off-night," but I've read similar reviews about AP since then.

I hate to be the dissenting voice on the place, and I do hope I just caught a bad night... The place used to be great; we're taking a break from it for a while. :unsure:

SFTrny
03-24-2009, 11:40 AM
We ate there last November and had a wonderful time. Server and food were top notch!

murphy1
03-24-2009, 04:20 PM
AP is in my top 7!!! I had the salmon and many of us don't really like salmon, but it's more like a steak! It's a beautiful restaurant, too. I think it's a hidden gem. Go and enjoy!! They also used to have a dessert called coffee two ways that was fantastic, but not so sure if they do anymore. Also for future reference since you like fine food, please try Victoria & Albert's some day. It was the best dining experience of my life!!

DebK
03-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Get the Berry Cobbler for dessert!

tdk316
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
We liked Cali Grill and Jiko much better, but this is worth a try. Our server did not earn any points for the place (we were totally ingnored due to his flirting with the hostess) but the food and beverages were good.

rsumrall
03-27-2009, 02:42 PM
My 3rd favorite signature restaurant is Yachtsman Steak House!

Crow
03-28-2009, 02:14 AM
This has been near the top of my list for a few yrs.
The Portobello soup is great.
Ive had buffalo steak (not on the menu now i see as they've replaced it w Buffalo short ribs)
Salmon,
Beef.
good stuff.
and the wine pairings are great.
WL has the best atmosphere also.

playdead88
03-29-2009, 06:06 PM
my parents went there on our last trip and they had a wonderful time - they said the food was fabulous and the experience was amazing - dad still talks about the buffalo