PDA

View Full Version : What are you Celebrating?

TheVBs
03-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Each time I call Disney about anything regarding our upcoming vacation, I get asked what we're celebrating. I realize that's this year's theme, and I think it's awesome. But, we're not celebrating anything (other than being grateful for getting to go!). There's no birthdays, anniversary, etc.

So, what I'm wondering... if you are celebrating something, is there something extra that they do for you?

Dulcee
03-22-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know if they do anything extra but when my DBF set up our trip for this coming June he told them we are celebrating me graduating from college as a BS Biology major.

So so so excited for our trip!

Insanity Clause
03-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Technically this trip is for my 39 birthday...eek, how did that happen. We will be there from April 20-27 but my actual birthday isn't until the 30th. So while we are there celebrating my birthday we don't fall under the celebration clause since it isn't the actual day.

28 Days and Counting!

TheVBs
03-23-2009, 09:48 AM
I just keep saying that we're celebrating going to WDW. But, certainly I could say that we'd be celebrating my oldest DD's progress after all she's been through. We're just celebrating life in general right now, trying to be grateful for what we have and counting our blessings. :mickey:

disneymom15
03-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Well, in January we celebrated my birthday, I chose the gift card. Our upcoming trip in Aug/Sept will be for our 30th anniversary.

SBETigg
03-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday, but it was actually in October, so I won't even mention it. It's special just to be there.

I've celebrated anniversaries there in the past, and they've done nice things for us, like a room upgrade, flowers and champagne in the room, a card from Cinderella and her prince. Once we had champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries sent to us. We had a complimentary champagne toast at Narcoossee's and a special dessert. We've also had anniversaries with nothing extra, which is fine, too.

Nini5055
03-23-2009, 10:41 AM
We are going May 7th to May 13th...so we are celebrating Mother's Day (the trip will be me, dd7 and my Mother...3 female generations!). I am also celebrating my birthday (actually July 4th) for the first time ever at WDW!!! :party2: I am also going to make a note that our arrival day is my Mom's Wedding Anniversary. :thumbsup:

I also agree...it is special just to be there!!!

epceddie
03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
We'll be celebrating my wife's 50th birthday on Nov. 6 and she's all excited about getting the gift card. She's been wanting to buy sweatshirts for the longest time, but never wanted to pay the $40 price tag in the past.

PrettyMinnie
03-23-2009, 05:25 PM
My friends and I are celebrating making through another school year! :minnie: And I had been thinking of something extra we could do. Of course unless it is you ACTUAL birthday, everything comes at a cost, so we are going to have our own free celebration!

DisneyPrincess21
03-23-2009, 05:33 PM
We will be there from April 20-27 but my actual birthday isn't until the 30th. So while we are there celebrating my birthday we don't fall under the celebration clause since it isn't the actual day.

You can still celebrate your birthday even though it isn't until after your vacation. You can wear a "it's my birthday" button and enjoy the little perks and freebies.
Disney understands that most people can't be at Disney on the actual day of their birthday, So they allow anyone to celebrate their birthday 6 months before or 6 months after their birthday!
You just won't be able to take advantage of the "free admission on your birthday" But you will still get to have all the fun of celebrating your special day! :party2: Hope you have a magical time!:tink:

:party2:Happy Early Birthday! :wishes:

Soul_Power
03-23-2009, 09:25 PM
This year is my five year anniversary with my boyfriend. Our anniversary is on April 4th, but our trip in December is an anniversary present to ourselves. I want to see all of the Christmas decorations, so we're waiting until then to go. :mickey:

hoop de do
03-24-2009, 10:51 AM
We'll be celebrating our 40th. wedding anniversary on May 17. Still not sure where we are eating but anywhere in the WORLD will be fine. Believe or not every trip has the same excitement as our first. Only the people on this site know what I mean. Hope to see some of you in May.

Nini5055
03-24-2009, 11:29 AM
FYI...last year during our visit we celebrated my dd7's birthday and my parents anniversary. Buttons were worn, but nothing SUPER magical happened (and that was ok) until we went to the Poly Lua and came back to our resort.

When we opened the door to our room at Pop Century, there were two big balloon boquets on each bed!!!! One was for my dd with an autographed Happy Birthday Minnie & Mickey photograph and the other for my parents with an autographed Happy Anniversary Cinderella & Prince Charming photograph attached to each boquet!!!!!

It was quite unexpected and such a wonderful thing!!!!!!!! But that is why we love Disney...they go the extra mile to give a little magic.:cloud9::mickey:

homeschool mom
03-24-2009, 01:25 PM
DH and I are going on our first adult only trip to WDW April 17 - 24 to celebrate our 20th anniv. :party: which is actually on July 1. We want to be there for the Flower and Garden Fest. We have been to WDW several times with our 5 children, and I'm so excited that DH and I get to have some alone time on this trip! :cloud9:

Two years ago we went to celebrate our DDs' 16th and 13th birthdays. They were both born on May 22. We were actually there on their birthdate and when we got back in our rooms at Pop that night, there were two balloon boquets with cards signed by their favorite characters.

24 days and counting!

TheVBs
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
I didn't know you could celebrate birthdays if you weren't there on your birthday! Maybe we can celebrate the kids birthdays a little early. :)

DisneyPrincess21
03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I didn't know you could celebrate birthdays if you weren't there on your birthday! Maybe we can celebrate the kids birthdays a little early. :)

Yep! You sure can! Let the cm taking your reservation's know your celebrating a birthday and who is celebrating. And make sure to tell the cm taking your dining adr's as well. And don't forget to get your birthday button. You can get one at your hotel check in (if you stay on property) and you can also pick one up inside the parks as well. You will get lots of "happy birthday" greetings from cm's and even from other guest. So it's lots of fun. :secret: Plus you might even get an added surprise at your restaurant or in your room. Last year we celebrated my dad's birthday and he got a free ice cream sunday with a birthday candle on top at sci-fi. And a card with an autographed picture of mickey wishing him a happy birthday was delivered to our room one day.
You just won't get the "free on your b-day" ticket but it's still fun just to be able to celebrate your b-day at WDW. I am not sure if they are doing anything extra special this year for birthday's since of the new promo "what will you celebrate" but maybe they will have extra surprise's this year. I can't wait to find out in December when we go I will be celebrating my birthday. I am actually not going to do anything for my birthday on the actual day, I am going to postpone everything till our trip to WDW. I can't wait! :D

KylesMom
03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
We're celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary as well as my 43rd birthday . . . Geez, I remember when I celebrated my 25th birthday there!

Although we won't be there on the actual dates for either, we always set aside a special day for each when we're there in June. On occasion, we've received a card, but the last few years, even though the events are listed on our reservation, we haven't received anything "special". DH won't wear the Anniversary button, but I'll wear the Birthday Button on one day with pride! :D

Woozle
03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
We are celebrating my dd first trip and my aunts as well, also my youngest sister's adoption day is while we are there in June. And that to us is almost as important as a bday. They are getting the make overs done that day.
:mickey:

76 days to go....to WDW
3 days to...DLR

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
I am celebrating my 25th birthday. 6 days at Disney, Pirate room...water view at Caribbean Beach... Dinner with 13 of my very wonderful friends at 'Ohanas on my birthday night... 3 days with just me and my man and the rest of the trip with my daughter. I did nothing for my 21st birthday...so I am SUPER excited to get to really "live it up" for my 25th!!!

beksy
03-24-2009, 08:24 PM
In December we're celebrating my half-way point through law school and just Mom being able to do the trip. She never thought she'd be able to go to Disney again or stay in the World and the Contemporary is her favorite resort and we got her a theme park view so it will be extra special. Plus she's never gotten to eat at the sit-down restaurants so we are planning some special meals for her too, and doing a MK tour that she's always wanted to do. :party: For my celebration, it will be enough to see Mom enjoying herself, spending time with just Mom and my sister, and being at WDW! :mickey:

tinksmom02
03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Our Sept trip will be an early 10-year anniversary present from DH to me. That's the "official" reason we're staying club level at the Poly.

DD's birthday is in August, and we'll NEVER be in Florida in August, so we'll let her celebrate.

We're arriving the day after DH's birthday, so we may celebrate that. He got a little annoyed with all the attention last year--cupcakes at CM's and Tusker House, cards, etc. Sheesh, most people would appreciate that kind of attention!

I'll be finishing up grad school in December, so maybe that, too.

LOL It's our Celebration Vacation!

DisneyPrincess21
03-25-2009, 11:17 PM
We're arriving the day after DH's birthday, so we may celebrate that. He got a little annoyed with all the attention last year--cupcakes at CM's and Tusker House, cards, etc. Sheesh, most people would appreciate that kind of attention!

We celebrated my Dad's b-day last year at wdw. And at first he was excited about it. But after the second day he refused to wear his button. He didn't like the attention. Men :drama::rolleyes: They just don't know how to lighten up and have fun. I on the other hand, Have decided to postpone celebrating my birthday until our trip in December. And I can't WAIT to celebrate my birthday in wdw!! :party2::clappy::minnie:

TheVBs
03-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, I just couldn't take that "No Celebrations" designation on our conformation anymore. So, I called yesterday and got the most wonderful, fun, helpful CM to change it to celebrating both our DDs birthdays! :mickey:

This CM was so great that I actually wrote in about him afterwards. He gave me so much info!

cmsizzlin
03-29-2009, 10:24 PM
We are going in August and celebrating 3 birthdays while we are there. Unfortunately our time there does not fall on our actual birthday days but we will celebrate and wear our birthday button proud.
Just being there is celebration enough

m1ckeymouse
03-30-2009, 05:53 AM
We'll be celebrating DS's 4th birthday and DW an I's 9th anniversary. Unfortunatley neither fall on the dates. We originally wanted to be at Disney for his birthday on the 6th November, but just couldn't get the dates! :(

We're still planning on getting buttons etc.. and maybe try and have something in the room for DS when we arrive. :mickey:

We cant wait, been planning this trip since he was born! :D