PDA

View Full Version : Best Fish and Chips??

IamBelle
03-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Who has better fish and chips, Raglan Road or the stand (not in the restaurant) in England, or are they basically the same?

j&j
03-22-2009, 06:53 PM
only had the rose and crown and it was good.

DisneyPrincess21
03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
The counter service outside of rose and crown pub (yorkshire country fish shop) has the best fish and chips in the world. :eat::tasty:

Johnno52
03-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Raglan Road is to me far better than YCFS. It also has shrimp and scallops and the fries (chips) are the traditional big potato cuts. They have adult as well as children's portions which is the same type and a very generous portion. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
03-22-2009, 11:46 PM
:thumbsup: Another vote for Yorkshire County Fish Shop - we love their fish and chips!

#1donaldfan
03-23-2009, 12:48 PM
The counter service outside of rose and crown pub (yorkshire country fish shop) has the best fish and chips in the world. :eat::tasty:

......you said it !!!! they are GREAT there.....

....now, if your in the MK and have a hankering for 'em....go to Columbia Harbour House, it's a CS with 'em and they are great.....!!!! just sayin'....:mickey:

LorrieP
03-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I just had Fish & Chips from Cooke's of Dublin last week and they are awesome. And that's coming from someone from Maine where we have the best seafood anywhere!!

Natazu
03-24-2009, 12:28 PM
I think Cookes of Dublin has about the best anywhere. I love their scallops more than should be legal.

KronkHere
03-26-2009, 12:07 PM
:pirate:

yorkshire country fish shop f/c are excellent. never had the raglan road - but i would love to try them...

MistressGracey999
03-26-2009, 12:17 PM
We like Columbia Harbor House, and the Yorkshire in Epcot, but we loathed the fish n' chips at Cookes of Dublin. I know this is by nature a greasy dish, but the fish here was so greasy it was unbelievable. It was also bland and tasteless.:ack:

eam
03-26-2009, 03:53 PM
I enjoy the fish and chips at Cookes of Dublin and Rose & Crown and think most folks would enjoy them, however I recomend skipping Raglan Road as the service is eratic at best. If you eat lunch there plan on getting up to get your own beverage refils and plan on getting so agrvated with the service that you ask to speak to the manager, whose attitude will add to your unpleasant experience.

PixieMagic
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
what is the difference between cooks of dublin and yorkshire county???

Mackflava99
03-30-2009, 05:23 PM
England- hands down- its a staple for me

mouseketeer mom
03-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought the fish and chips from the counter in England were just ok. Actually, really greasy. DH felt the same. We liked Columbia Harbour house much better!

Disdude
03-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought the fish and chips from the counter in England were just ok. Actually, really greasy. DH felt the same. We liked Columbia Harbour house much better!

I totally agree!

There is very little in this world I turn my nose up at. I enjoy food from all around the world. We love sushi, indian, and ethiopian food. I'm originally from Maine and I've had my fill of seafood. We found the Fish and Chips at the UK pavilion to be the most disgusting thing we've ever tried (I'm not exaggerating) . We sought this location out because of the rave reviews. We sat at the stage that Off Kilter plays at. We each made it through one piece before throwing it out.

Everything we've had at Raglan Road was good to excellent.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
We like the fish and chips at the CS in the UK...never had them at Raglan Road but they look awesome...my mother was mad at herself for not ordering them after seeing them at the next table

Insanity Clause
03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Rose and Crown has great fish and chips and from what my SIL says Yorkshire is awesome. I fully plan on eating lunch there one day next month!