PDA

View Full Version : Best resort to stay at during the holiday season?

ljv1975
03-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Which resort do you think is the best to stay at during the holidays? I was thinking the WL seems like it might be a good choice. What do you all think? I'd like a resort with great decorations and a good "Christmasy" feel.

MickeyMousse
03-22-2009, 01:45 PM
I have to tell you, I understand why you like the idea of staying at the WL, with the woodsy feel and all, but when I saw GF at Christmas I was floored. It was so beautiful :cloud9: and they have a great, real gingerbread house in the foyer/check in area. If I could stay there during the holidays, I would! :thumbsup:

medic9016
03-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Fort Wilderness. Along with the WDW decorations, alot of people bring there own and decorate there site or cabin.

johnO
03-22-2009, 02:47 PM
WL sounds great for Christmas.

Tinkerbellfan
03-22-2009, 02:54 PM
We have stayed at WL during the Christmas season the past 2 years - it can't be beat. It is so beautiful and immediately puts you in the Christmas mood. We arrived the week before Thanksgiving last year. We went to bed with no signs of Christmas and woke up to the halls decked out. We visited all of the resorts but I feel WL due to its theme, feels most like Christmas.

DisneyFan1979
03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I would just recommend a resort with an atrium-style lobby: like GF, AKL, or WL as the trees in the lobby are incredibly impressive, along with the huge gingerbread house at GF. Opposed to say the Poly or Beach/Yacht Club where the decorations are beautiful, but not quite so astounding.

Although, honestly any Disney hotel will be beautiful. My first holiday trip was the Boardwalk at Thanksgiving and I was blown away by all the decorations - especially the poinsettia trees.

joonyer
03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Hard to go wrong anywhere, but I personally would choose Wilderness Lodge if I were going in December. I just love the huge lobby, gigantic tree and fireplace, and the rustic backwoods feel.

Tigerinvestigator
03-23-2009, 02:47 PM
We stayed at the Dolphin for Christmas and it was beautiful. Have to admit the WL was probably the best decorated of all the resorts we visited during the trip.:thumbsup:

PrettyMinnie
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
The GF is really nicely decorated during the Holidays. They even make a life size Ginger Bread House in the lobby! :thumbsup:

pluto 77
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I would say either the Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian

diz_girl
03-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Another vote for the WL (with GF a close second). I loved the decorations when we stayed there in December. You almost expect there to be snow when you go outside.

grumpydude
03-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Hands down Grand Floridian:number1::mjump:The Christmas tree, the gigngerbread house. The best.

DisneyCrazyET
03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
WL
We stayed there the week before Christmas.
We checked out the other resorts (except Swan and Dolphin) and thought WL was the best Christmas feel.