PDA

View Full Version : Itinerary Feedback

SingingPixie
03-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone! We're two adults (me, 25, and boyfriend, 30 who hasn't been since high school), staying at Pop Century from 10/12-17. I'm a bit of a commando, and he's very laid-back; he has said he's ok with whatever I want to do, but I'm making a real effort to compromise my touring schedule so it feels like a vacation for him too.

That said, the plan is to do rope drop each day and tour until early afternoon (using Ridemax), and then slow way down and spend afternoons and evenings wandering the World Showcase, checking out the Food and Wine Festival, seeing evening entertainment, having a few nice dinners, and attending MNSSHP.

We're pretty sure we'll be on the Quick Service Dining Plan, and pay for our three sit-down dinners out of pocket, but there's still a chance we'll just be out of pocket the whole time.

That said, here's the itinerary:

Monday: Arrive at MCO at 11am, ME to Pop Century. Check in, head to DTD for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express (tradition for me) and some browsing. Dinner at Artist Point. Slight chance we might try to see Fantasmic or Spectromagic if offered tonight, but my current feeling is that I'd rather miss those shows if necessary in order to have a relaxing arrival day.

Tuesday: Rope drop at Hollywood Studios, afternoon and evening at Epcot (World Showcase only), dinner at F&WF, Illuminations

Wednesday: Rope drop at Magic Kingdom, finish up at 1:30ish and head over to the Poly for some Lapu Lapus. Afternoon break at Pop, dinner (7ish) at California Grill, watching Wishes from the balcony.

Thursday: Rope drop at Animal Kingdom. Finish up at 1:30ish, afternoon break at Pop. dinner at Pop, MNSSHP 7p-midnight.

Friday: Rope drop at Epcot. Future world in the AM, then PM in World Showcase, having lunch at the Food and Wine Fest. Dinner at Jiko, making sure we have time to check out AKL (the resort I can't wait to be able to afford one day)

Saturday: Departure day, ME pickup at 3ish. Plans for today are open- either repeats/things we missed, lazy resort day, water park or maybe a character breakfast. Probably won't make a call about this until we see how the trip is going.

What do you all think?

tinksmom02
03-22-2009, 01:50 PM
I think your plan sounds reasonable. You have your must-dos, but you seem to be pretty flexible with your times and stuff. I think you'll be OK. (plus, you don't ahve to worry about kids/naps, etc LOL) I'm jealous, I've always said I wanted to do WDW before we had our daughter, we just didn't get there.

Enjoy it!

PS what's ridemax?

SingingPixie
03-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Ridemax is a software program you can download (google it) that allows you to select your travel date and attractions, and it generates a touring plan that minimizes waiting and walking time. I've never tried it, but since this is a short trip it seems like a smart investment.

Tez
03-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Interesting about Ridemax. I have never heard of it before.

Food and Wine is a BLAST! You will have a great time. The most important thing is to go with a plan and looks like you have. Make sure you make your dining reservations ahead of your arrival. Artist Point has a fun ice wine flight for desert! Jike has great food and wine and of course Cali Grille is awesome also. It is fun watching the fireworks from up there. They look so far away from the castle but still great to see!

Enjoy your trip!