PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Rooms

Insanity Clause
03-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to request a particular room or building? We will be staying at POR in April and meeting my BFF and her busband down there. I know that we are in the Alligator Bayou but could I call and ask that we have rooms close to one another or is this something that would have to wait till we check in on April 20?

lulu'smom
03-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I would definately call and have it noted on your reservation. Disney will try to have your rooms next to each other, but keep in mind it is only a request. They can't guarantee it. If you are going early in April that is a busy time of the year, and your request will be a bit harder to get.

Belster
03-22-2009, 10:52 AM
I always request a room/building. I fax a letter to thee resort 10 days before my trip and 5 days before my trip. It always works. Last time we got there and they did not have my request available for me my first night but had it ready the next day. They moved all of my luggage to my new room while we were at the parks and everything was set when we returned that evening.

You can get resort fax numbers from the resrots tab at the top of this page.

PM me if you have questions about fax lay out or anything.

Polynesian Dweller
03-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Make sure it is noted on your reservation and they will try to meet it. Faxing about 4 days ahead used to be a good thing to do. Unfortunately, so many people did it that some of the resorts no longer accept them and I've heard that most room assigners simply don't pay attention to them.

But, having your request on your reservation does still work and they will do their best, without guarantees of course.

LynneM
03-22-2009, 02:16 PM
The only way to guarantee that the CM assigning rooms will see your request is to call the reservations line and have it added to your reservation record. That way, it's right there on the screen when they pull up your record.

You can make requests when you make your reservation, or call back later and have them added.

Faxes are hit or miss. Some CMs look at them, some don't. They won't get you anything above and beyond what you would have gotten by calling.

ASweetLov
03-22-2009, 04:12 PM
4 days before my last vacation to WDW I faxed Pop a request of staying in one of the 50's buildings. My request was granted and we stayed in the 50's section building #2. So fax or call the resort you are staying at and make your requests and you might just get them.

dancin Disney style
03-22-2009, 05:29 PM
The best way to make your request is via telephone. I have, so far, received my request everytime that I have made one. You need to keep it simple and general. I would suggest that you make no more than 3 requests. Also, list them in the order of importance.

example: ground floor, building #, quiet location

TammiMcMan
03-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Just to be clear, you want to be calling CRO and not the resort to have your requests added to the reservation. Resorts won't even see your reservation until 3 or 4 days prior to your arriving. Also, because of the high call volume that Disney experiences, they do utilize a call answering service. Even though you call the resort number, chances are that someone in Utah is actually picking up the phone and answering your question.

There is nothing wrong with following up with a fax or phone call to the resort a few days before arriving, but I wouldn't count on that as my primary way to communicate requests.

j&j
03-23-2009, 11:29 AM
you can ask on the phone usually it is when you check in they do that.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-23-2009, 12:19 PM
...we request our building each year, and they are pretty good at honoring them...they are requests only, not etched in stone....someone mentioned faxed requests...I thought they discontinued honoring those....just make sure it's on your initial reservations, then about 3 days out call 'em up and make sure they have it noted.....you can get the number here under resorts....I've been lucky so far and have talked to the actual resort....at least they tell me I am.....good luck.....:mickey:

ASweetLov
03-23-2009, 02:27 PM
How do you make a note on your reservation for requests when you book your vacation online?