PDA

View Full Version : Just Booked ADR's using New Dining System

JRoberts1015
03-22-2009, 09:05 AM
I just booked my ADR's for June using the new dining system. I started calling at 6:58am, and once the line opened, I was placed in the hold que for approximately 40 minutes. How it is working now is that you give the reservation agent a "time frame" that you are wanting to dine at a particular restaurant. Then they see what's available. You are no longer given a confirmation number at the end of each ADR. All reservations are placed in a "shopping cart" and when you are done, you give the agent your credit card information, if necessary for some ADR's, and he/she re-confirms each ADR and provides each confirmation number. The numbers are now 12-digits long, so be prepared to write. Also, make sure that you have your hotel reservation number available. You cannot begin the ADR process until they have it. It is the first thing they ask for.
Hope this helps all who are about to make "the call".

P.S. I was able to get all of my ADR's. WOOHOO:D

LorrieP
03-22-2009, 10:40 AM
The only thing I would add is that if you make any reservations at a resort you get that confirmation number immediately. Apparently the resorts are still on the old system. Or at least that's how it was on the 13th.

junedis
03-22-2009, 10:52 AM
We just made our Adr's as well. My hold time was longer than last year, but the agent was wonderful and took the reservations in a relaxed friendly manner. I did get confirmation numbers on all reservations at the end of the session. Even though I called later in the morning, about 10:30, I was still able to get Cinderellas table for lunch and Le Cellier for lunch. As for my other choices, they were all available. Good Luck to all on your ressies!:mickey:

JWDisneyFan
03-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I made our reservations for June this morning. I was on hold for 1 hour 35 minutes before speaking to anyone and was on the phone with the dining agent for almost an hour. She told me she had been using the new system for about a week and a half and it had been very problematic, thus the longer wait times. She was having problems with the system hanging forever and also with the Fantasmic package. No restaurants were showing any packages available for June 28th (a night that Fantasmic is held). She alerted a manager and there was a problem with this and they told me to try back later. I just called back and it was not available so it may be that it just booked up faster than normal.

The other problem the agent had was having the system tell her that the party size was too large (there are only 4 of us). She said this has been a common error in the last week but that she plays around with it until it works out.

I was able to get everything I wanted with exception of the Fantasmic package. I went ahead and made a normal ressie for Brown Derby anyway, but I will keep trying to call back on that!

So, if you make any dining reservations in the near future, be prepared for it to take a little bit longer than normal and be patient!

missalabama
03-22-2009, 01:19 PM
so you can make the ressies 90 days from your check in date....is this correct?

I check in June 21 so if I'm correct on my counting tomorrow would be my day to call.

kadesha
03-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I made ours last Monday. It was a pain in the neck. I hate the super long confirmation numbers and I hate the "shopping" cart idea. Her computer messed up several times during our call and we had to start completely over. Hated it!

On a good note I only had a 5 minute wait until I was able to talk to someone. I called at 7:00 am. I was on the phone for about 40 minutes.

Also, if you don't have your reservation number they can look it up for you. I don't have mine because we are in a grand gathering and I've never even thought to get it from my sister. They were able to find it for me after I provided them with my name, address, arrival and departure days.

DizneyRox
03-22-2009, 03:37 PM
So, offsite guests can't make ADRs anymore? If you NEED a reservation number, they won't have one.

catne
03-22-2009, 03:56 PM
So, offsite guests can't make ADRs anymore? If you NEED a reservation number, they won't have one.

You only need the reservation number if you're trying to book 90 + 10 days that's allowed for resort-only guest. If you're staying off site, you can book at 90 days from each day, so you have to call back each day.

Dancer Mom
03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
I called today and had different reservation numbers for each reservation, but I only made 2ADRs and one was for Hoop Dee Doo. I was able to get the date/time I wanted for Hoop Dee Doo, but only had Category 1 available. I was only able to make reservations through June 20 because we're staying at Shades of Green, which not an official Disney property.

I plan to call back later in the week to make additional ADRs.

I called mid-morning and waited only a couple of minutes.

spoiledraf
03-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Oddly enough, I called the dining number and the only ADR they could make was at Chef Mickeys. (Along with the Castle or V&A.) He then transfered me to a CM for the rest and I held as long as I could but had to go to work. Called back that evening and got all but one ADR at very close to my prefered time. We have a party of nine and I was told I had to call Narcoosees directly for that large a party. When I called, I got a recording saying leave a message with name and number and they would call back within 48 hours. I gave my cell number, which I left at home one day and the next it went dead. DUH! Fortunately they continued to call until they got me and we were given an ADR a bit earlier than we wanted but still very acceptable. Very nice guy took my call. So far in about 12 calls for various reasons, I've gotten about 85% great service. The others weren't rude but not very magical. :blush:

Dragongirlx
03-23-2009, 05:01 AM
I book from the UK and though I am staying at Wilderness lodge I don't get a reservation number - when I phone will this cause problems?

prttynpnk
03-23-2009, 07:01 AM
When I booked last week the CM was very good- I could tell the system was giving him a little trouble, but he wasn't passing his frustration on to me, I was really impressed with him. He did all 12 ADRs in about 10 minutes- even with reading the 12 digit confirmation numbers to me! :mickey:

missalabama
03-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I called this morning and was only able to book the first night. The problem is that I have a DVC reservation and I had been on a waitlist for part of my trip. When the waitlist came through I have different reservation number for part of my trip even though the trip is all linked together at the same hotel. The system would only let the CM make reservations for one night. I have to make the rest tomorrow when that reservation number begins.

Charlee
03-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I book from the UK and though I am staying at Wilderness lodge I don't get a reservation number - when I phone will this cause problems?

I had the same issue as you but when I rang I explained that I was from the UK and had booked through Virgin so the girl said "fine tell me which resort you are staying at, the day you check in and your surname". I did and she found our reservation straight away! I had an awesome CM who was very friendly and had a very easy time booking our ADR's!

KylesMom
03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
We made our second set of ADRs on Sunday, and only had to wait 20 minutes at 7 am Eastern time (unlike an hour last Sunday). We got a great CM who was able to get us all of the remaining ADRs we wanted but had not yet been able to book.

We called later in the morning to add an additional ADR (Cat 1 seating for Luau with TiW discount) and we were on hold for about 45 minutes. However, once again, we got a fab CM on the line who was able to hook us up with the ressie we wanted with the discount. :mickey:

Dragongirlx
03-23-2009, 11:20 AM
I had the same issue as you but when I rang I explained that I was from the UK and had booked through Virgin so the girl said "fine tell me which resort you are staying at, the day you check in and your surname". I did and she found our reservation straight away! I had an awesome CM who was very friendly and had a very easy time booking our ADR's!

Ok thanks very much that puts my mind at ease:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
03-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Has anyone yet described any way this new system is better for guests?

Soul_Power
03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I booked through AAA - is the AAA confirmation number the same as the reservation number through Disney?
I figured that I ask the Intercotees before calling my AAA agent. :mickey:

tdk316
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Question based on post: is 7am the time ADR lines open? This is the first time with kids so we'll be doing a lot more character dining...

DebK
03-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Yes, the lines open at 7 AM EST......

motherof4
03-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Is there any way we can book our res online at the disney web site this way we can save time and money or perhaps there is a toll free number

Mickey 101
03-28-2009, 02:21 AM
There's talk of online booking becoming available, but you cannot do so at this time. Also, there is no toll-free number.

Pirate Granny
03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I called at 7am and was on hold for 50 minutes and it took an additional 45 minutes to finish our reservations (only 6 restaurants)...WHAT A PAIN...I called back to check on a later fantasmic package and the CM told me she couldn't find ANY reservations for me...and her computer kept shutting down. I know she was outsourced to Canada as she kept asking me for my postal code...(I lived and our youngest was born in Canada)...I then sent an e-mail to customer service giving them my reservations numbers and asked that they confirm ASAP if I did have reservations (since the Canadian CM could never find any reservations...that call was at least 60 minutes...what do people do who PAY FOR THEIR CELL MINUTES...hummmm...don't seem to think that WDW cares...
:pirate:

DANAM
03-28-2009, 09:15 PM
I have called 3 times in 3 days. 1st time to make 7 ADR and the other 2 times to change 1 or more things. The first phone call was at least an hour and I waited less than a minute to talk to a CM. We had to start over three times. So finally after losing Le Cellier twice she decieded to give me the numbers after each ADR. She was very nice and answered different questions I had about our December trip while i waited for the system reboots but still had I lost Cindy at 7am(6am our time) I would have come unglued on the phone. This system is horrible. The second call I was transfered to 4 different people because no one knew the new system. System crashed just once that time. Last call I was transfered once and then hung up on. Had to call back. No issue that time. I hope they have it together by September when I am making my ADR for December.
I agree with the other guy who posted. This is better for us, the customer, how? Oh yeah, we use up 2 hours on our cell phone making a couple of ADR.

LudwigVonDrake
03-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Question based on post: is 7am the time ADR lines open? This is the first time with kids so we'll be doing a lot more character dining...

My suggestion would be to call as early as you can.

JRoberts1015
04-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I was thinking about adding a few ADR's as fillers, but I can't seem to find an extra 2 hours of free time to make the call.

dmosher
04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
DW and I have to wait till june to make our ADR's and I am hoping they have the kinks in the system ironed out by then. A 1.5 hour call from New Zealand to Orlando WILL be rather expensive!
:pipes:
D