PDA

View Full Version : Travel Agent or not

i'm grumpy
03-21-2009, 07:38 PM
We have booked our own trips for many years and found it cheaper. Is this still so? Thanks!

Ed
03-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Really all depends on your own definition of "cheaper".

If you've got the time and don't mind browsing numerous websites, making phone calls, sending e-mails, etc., you may end up getting some good deals.

On the other hand, a good travel agent has a lot of experience doing such research, knows exactly where to look and who to contact to secure the best packages, and also keep an eye on new developments that pop up after your reservations are made; in those cases, they very frequently are able to modify your reservations and save you $$$, get some better "perks" for you, and save you a lot of headaches.

I'd strongly recommend you contact one of the good folks at our sponsor, Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/), to see what they can do for you. Won't cost you a cent, and may end up saving you a LOT of cents!

BMan62
03-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I always thought the same way - "I can do it cheaper" - until I found Magical Journeys (thanks to this wonderful site!!)

Instead of spending all my time tracking down possible discounts and waiting for new PIN codes, I leave it in the extremely capable hands of Denise @ MJ. They have always saved me at least $200 off the best deals I was able to find myself.

Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

JPL
03-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd strongly recommend you contact one of the good folks at our sponsor, Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/), to see what they can do for you. Won't cost you a cent, and may end up saving you a LOT of cents!

I always thought the same way - "I can do it cheaper" - until I found Magical Journeys (thanks to this wonderful site!!)

:ditto:

I was a do it yourself person and used MJ and loved it:thumbsup: I simply send an e-mail of what I need and shortly after that get a reply with a quote and I know that if a better deal comes along I'm covered and will get an e-mail saying you saved $$$$$ :mickey:

The only thing I still book myself is airfare :D

Strmchsr
03-21-2009, 08:10 PM
:ditto: I don't care about using a travel agent in general, but I'll never book Disney again without Magical Journeys. Wendy rocks! :number1:

javamama
03-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I've worked in the travel industry since '93(airlines) and I think travel agents are a good thing to have, they know the ins and outs of so much. When a problems arise, they seem to come through for the customers alot of times or at least really go above and beyond for them. Sometimes, I'm not speaking of WDW or anything related but this may even be the case there also they can even pull some strings and I've seen some upgrades here and there. My sister used an agency on her honeymoon, and got a great upgrade a Mandalay Bay in Vegas thanks to her agent. Thats a small thing they can sometimes do for a customer.
On the flipside, as an airline agent if I couldn't a fare for a passenger or a seat sometimes the agents could get something by calling the agency desks/marketing departments. Plus by using them these days, your keeping the small guy in business--kwim these days everyone does everything via the internet cutting out the agency so they fold--at least where I am I see alot going out of business.

j&j
03-22-2009, 08:34 AM
we always found it to be cheaper and still will book our own. once when we used a agent we could not change anything the room was horrible.:mickey::mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
03-22-2009, 08:44 AM

:ditto:

Terrisue at MJ has been putting up with me and my constant inquiries and changes for almost 3 years now. She has also saved me big bucks on my last 2 trips.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-22-2009, 08:51 AM
I think you can get the "deal" from Disney whether you book it yourself, or use a travel agent.

I'm a big book it myself person, and like to do things on my own. However, I'm now also a MJ travel convert!

I booked our first trip myself, and then free dining was offered (for the first time). I called Disney a number of times and each time was told that I didn't "qualify" for the offer. I finally found a code, and was able to rebook at the lower rate. However, this tooks months of searching and frustration.

I love that with MJ they are doing the searching and frustrating part for me. I know that I'm getting the best deal available, and I don't have to make myself crazy over it.

Insanity Clause
03-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I would definately recommend contacting Magical Journey's. Karen saved my husband and I several hundred on this trip so it is well worth it.

tinklover
03-22-2009, 09:40 AM
I first contacted MJ last year for our June trip. Due to our crazy situationme and my DD's being Florida residents and my DBf not being one. Kathy was able to work it out with all of us on one deal instead of me having to book myself and the girls and then turn around and book my DBf . I like that MJ does the work for you and in the 11th hour disney released florida resident room rates and she added it for me and saved us $$$. Gotta love MJ :number1::thumbsup:. I will be emailing kathy again real soon for our upcoming october trip.

i'm grumpy
03-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks! I called Disney Travel one year and their package was about $300 more, not sure why.

Zeike
03-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Don't give it more though, MJ is the way to go!! They are great!

joonyer
03-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Another vote for Magical Journey's. :thumbsup: They are the BEST! :number1: You will get the best deal available through them, whenever you are going. And they are happy to make changes for you as you need to. Wendy has served us well on our last several trips. I'll never go back to booking things myself again.