PDA

View Full Version : Kiliminjaro Safari ride ???

threeh
03-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Why do they do the bit with playing the radio?? When they tune into a local station. Just curious if it is a cue or something?? I kept making my family try and pay attention when it came to that part, where we were, what we were going by but couldn't figure it out??
Thanks all:thumbsup:

Gregandmel
03-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Hmm.....I didn't even pay attention to that! I wonder if it's to make the safari seem more "authentic" with the radio on to make you feel you were really on a safari ride?? Good question - I'll be curious to see the responses on this.

JPL
03-21-2009, 01:00 PM
It's suppose to set a relaxing mood before the action starts so let's relax and enjoy the views of the svannah but wait now there is trouble let's get serious and turn the radio off.

Gator
03-21-2009, 03:24 PM
I've always wondered that, too. I like the music, though. It's very Africa.

ThanxForNoticin
03-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I always thought it was Disney's way of filling in a few seconds of 'gap' time on the safari. It seems to come at a time when the safari trucks are moving from one area of the attraction to another - a time where we are not seeing any animals. Whatever the reason, I've always liked the relaxing music!

johnO
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know If I even remember this part.

Imagineer1981
03-23-2009, 01:19 PM
The radio is just to set a mood and allow the guest to just relax and enjoy the sights without the driver saying on your left, on your right...blah blah

joonyer
03-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Background music is always a big part of the theming at WDW, not just on attractions, but all over, at resorts, parks, restaurants, etc. Even waiting in the vehicle check in line at Fort wilderness, you could hear "wilderness" themed music playing in the background, coming out of the trees and plants (invisible speakers). Really gets you in the Disney mood.

Insanity Clause
03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't even remember the music part of it. It has been almost eight years since I was there in 2001. I will have to pay attention to this when we go next month.

sacandjac
03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
I always love this part. Does anyone know where you can find that music? It makes me happy to hear it!

threeh
03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
I always love this part. Does anyone know where you can find that music? It makes me happy to hear it!

I think I got a copy on mousebits (google that). It was in a torrent full of AK music.

Thanks all for the responses, I was hoping it was some big cue to wake up the animals or hiding something, but I do enjoy Disney's background music.
Have a Disney day!!!:mickey:

Scar
03-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I was hoping it was some big cue to wake up the animals ...I had heard that the animals were supposed to dance to it... but I've never seen that.

WDWdriver
03-26-2009, 02:45 PM

It's called Hapa Duniani from a CD titled Afican Dawn by various artists. Amazon has it in stock sometimes.