PDA

View Full Version : Just how big is AKL??

luvDaMouse
03-21-2009, 09:38 AM
I am staying in AKV in May:yay: We have a Savannah view studio in Jambo (waitlisting for Kidani) the resort looks HUGE! I looked at construction pictures for Kidani and with the savannahs in between it looks like a looooong walk from Kidani to the main lodge and pool area. Do you think they have a shuttle?? special walkways?? I know Kidani will have its own pool and restaraunts but what if you want to go to the pool or Boma at Jambo? Maybe it looks bigger than it really is:confused:

BugeyedMuggy
03-21-2009, 10:13 AM
There is a walkway between the resorts but is pretty far (over 1/2 mile). There is bus transportation between the buildings.

Now to answer the how big is it question. You said you are staying in Jambo. The resort spreads out from the lobby in both directions. The transportation and parking lot are accessed from the lobby. If you have a room far from the lobby area at the ends of the hallways, it would be a long walk. If you request a room closer to the lobby the walk would not be far to anything as the pool, restaurants, lobby and other ammenities are centrally located. Even if you are just a few rooms down a hallway from the lobby, you will not be bothered by the noise.

Hope this helps.

TheRustyScupper
03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
1) Walking distances at AKL are lonnnngggg.
reducing distances
2) Some are VERY long.
. . . the buildings are in-line (linear), making for long walks
. . . other resorts have clustered buildings
3) There are no buses or moving walkways.